"Arizona used to hate her, now they're having sleepovers?" Callie questioned.

"Well, it's a good thing, right, that they're getting along?" Maggie asked speaking up, "Herman's not exactly the warmest person, so—"

Amelia grabbed a chair and sat on it as she looked between Allison and Meredith, "When either of you talk to Derek tonight, would you ask him something for me without saying it's for me?"

"What are—"

"Just ask him what he'd use to avoid disrupting the gratiolet radiations off the geniculate body of the thalamus." Amelia tightly smiled at them, hoping they would do her this one favor.

Meredith narrowed her eyes, "Why don't you ask him that?"

Amelia shook her head, "No, no. That's the point of either one of you asking him. I cannot ask him for help, and I can't listen to the smugness in his voice."

"Amelia Shepherd, you don't need your brother when you perfectly have me." Allison eyed her friend, "Come on, I know what he needs, and what he would do. I was trained by him, feeling kind of offended right now."

***

"If there's edema, it's post-fixed. It's too narrow, too close to the fornix. If I hit the hypothalamus, game over." Allison shook her head as she, Stephanie and Amelia stood inside radiology staring at Herman's latest scans.

"Do you want some food?" Stephanie asked her, hoping she would want to eat.

"Edwards, have I figured this out?" Allison questioned, her back facing the resident.

"No."

"Then I don't want any food." Allison sighed, she turned to look at Amelia, "This has never been done before, all these steps in this order on this kind of tumor has never been done before. Who do we think we are?

"We can do this." Amelia assured the pregnant doctor in the room, trying to convince herself as well. "We can do this."

"We should have called Derek." Allison shook her head, "I should have told him."

"Allison, we can freaking do this." Amelia assured her once again, even if she wasn't sure herself,  "We are badass neurosurgeons and we can do it, so get it together Dr. Avery."

***

"Imagine picking up little grains of salt while wearing oven mitts." Amelia tried to say an example to everyone in the auditorium listening to Allison and Amelia's presentation, "That is what we're doing inside somebody's brain, but once we place the final seed, well...it's a smooth sailing."

"We are done." Allison said, as everyone clapped to the two surgeons on stage. Allison clapped at Amelia, who has cracked herself to work on this case. "We'd like to open things up to a few questions."

"Are you both nervous?" Jo asked the two of them, after Amelia called on her.

"We'd be crazy not to be. We're nervous but we're also excited." Amelia nodded, pointing to the screen behind her, "This surgery is history."

"What you're both describing is seven different surgeries all using the hardest techniques you've ever tried. How long do you both anticipate the entire surgery actually taking?" Webber asked them, especially worried for Allison who was pregnant.

"Eighteen hours." Allison nodded, she wasn't sure if she would be able to survive eighteen hours in surgery, especially since she gets tired easily, but she only hoped she could.

Callie raised her hand and began to speak, "Will you two get help?"

Allison furrowed her brows, "Sorry?"