chapter three

"I brought the files you requested, ma'am." Ma'am didn't sound any better. She honestly had no idea of how to even address her.

Once again Beyoncé didn't pay any attention though and took the file without a word. She skipped through the papers inside, but her eyes kept shooting up to Kelly every few moments.

Every time she did Kelly felt her heart skip a beat and she briefly wondered why people went to amusement parks to get their thrills when everyone could just as well get it just by being near Beyoncé.

After a while Beyoncé just let out a heavy sigh and dropped the files down on her desk. "Okay."
Okay? Just okay? Kelly blinked a few times.

"You have nothing to say about it?" She supposed she should be glad since she, much like Michelle, didn't have anything to do with these files anyway. But it almost felt as if Beyoncé was trying to get rid of her and Kelly for one wanted to spent as much time in her office as possible.

"You sound disappointed." She was staring right into her eyes again and Kelly felt the familiar excitement settle in her lower belly.

"No, no." Kelly answered quickly. Wanting attention was one thing, getting on Beyoncé's nerves was another. "I was just surprised."

Beyoncé once again got up and Kelly was thrilled to see she was once again making her way around her desk to stand next to her. She was slightly smaller than her. Kelly looked up so as to meet her gaze head on. She was surprised to find the woman had stepped closer than she had initially thought, however. The way she started talking in almost a whisper mere inches removed from her face didn't help either.

"Didn't I tell you before? You distract me."

Kelly took in a sharp breath and her eyes grew wide. "You... You remember saying that?"

Beyoncé was looking down at Kelly and for the first time she thought she actually saw the ghost of a smile on her face.

"Of course I do."

Kelly gulped and she was sure the sound echoed around the office. Her mind was racing yet she was only thinking one thing.

"E-Everything?"

Beyoncé pursed her lips in thought and Kelly's eyes were unconsciously drawn to them. She quickly dragged them up as soon as she realised it though.

Beyoncé's eyes had narrowed slightly. "If you're asking me if I remember our kiss, then yes."

Kelly was suddenly starting to regret her decision of voluntarily entering her office again. This changed everything. Kelly's mind was racing, trying to find some kind of excuse to leave Beyoncé's office right at that instant, but from the moment she finally looked up and met her eyes again they all dissipated into thin air.

She was annoyed at Beyoncé's composed posture and her even breathing while her own was anything but. She wanted to wipe the calmness from her face. The thought alone had apparently made her hand come up without even her own permission.

To say she regretted it, would not be fair, however. She felt the warm skin of Beyoncé's cheekbone underneath her fingertips, her jawline, her chin and finally her index and middle finger dared the come to a halt upon Beyoncé's plump bottom lip.

She looked up again only to find Beyoncé's kind of emotionless eyes still staring at her. In Kelly's mind they remained like that for whole minutes until she finally felt motion underneath her fingertips.

Beyoncé had parted her lips slightly and Kelly felt the butterflies in her stomach come back to life. It was the first reaction Beyoncé had given her and she would make use of it. She was convinced she wasn't thinking straight anymore at this point, otherwise she would never, ever even have thought about pushing her fingers inside Beyoncé's mouth.