The past pt 1

Aizawa sat on his tattered tan couch, paper littering the ground, creating a maze. Head lost in space, while his body was stuck on earth. He only had one month left then the game would truly begin. 
'What could all this mean? Will the kid be attending the UA entrance exam, or will somebody else?' Aizawa's eyebrow's furrowed, nose scrunched up. Eyes glued to the clues, mind wandering once again to a memory from the past.

- A year ago-

Aizawa sat with Sunshine in their usual spot on Broccoli Road, cold cheese and mince pies. Sunshine never really cared what food Aizawa brought, as long as it was editable. Of course, Aizawa had to gain Sunshine's trust before they could sit like this. It had been a few months since Sunshine lost his only remaining family, though he reassured Aizawa that he had a place to call home for the time being.

The two talked about heroes' advantages, disadvantages, and how to improve their quirks. 

"Of course, someone with a fire type quirk needs to work on their water resistance. But other things like hardening quirks, they too can counter fire type quirks." Sunshine paused as he took another bite of his pie, happily humming to himself the pie song. 

"Speaking of heroes. When will you be applying to UA?" Aizawa asked, turning to see the younger reaction.

Sunshine snorted. "Never will be."

"How come?" Aizawa nearly dropped his pie with how fast Sunshine replied. "Why not consider joining? You'd make an amazing hero?"

"Yeah, that's the thing. I am already a hero. I don't need a license to show I completed a faulty education system. I have real-life experience. Shouldn't that be enough?" Sunshine paused, turning to give Aizawa his signature smile. "Don't you think?"

"I can agree with the education system being faulty, but you still should consider doing it. Just cause you have experience doesn't mean you know everything." Aizawa scolded. "Wait a minute. You haven't dropped out of school, have you?"

"Yeah?" 

"You're still so young! Are you even legally able to drop out?" Aizawa turned, shocked at the sudden development.

"Yes. I wasn't going to be able to explain every injury to my teacher. It would mean revealing how I am. Leading to everyone I care about being put in danger. So yeah, nah!" Sunshine huffed. "Besides I have a job. It pays so I can't complain." The kid shrugged, keeping his eyes glued to the bustling city street.  

"Well, that's something positive to hear. Still, you should consider it going, it would make what you're doing legal. " Aizawa gave up pestering the kid about the importance of education. 

-Returning to the future- 

'This kid is far too confusing!' Aizawa sighed, leaning backwards to see a ginger face peering down at him. "Hello Tangerine, any ideas?"

Tangerine merely tilted her head to the side, before meowing at him cheerfully. Rubbing her face against his.

"Thank you, but that wasn't what I was asking for." Aizawa sighed even louder this time. "But I won't give up on the kid, I will win his game. Ain't that right Tangerine?" 

And so Aizawa spent the rest of the evening giving affection to Tangerine, distracting himself from Sunshine's game. 

-another chapter, another day. Hope you enjoyed it!-