Chapter 6: Why he refused

Start from the beginning

Port: "So, I told myself, 'Well, Port, old boy, you'd better save these lovely ladies.' And so, I took my blade, and I slayed that Nevermore, single-handedly! Then, all the villagers celebrated-"

..if you know where to look, you can always find something useful.

Y/n: "I have a question."

Port was interrupted by Y/n raising his hand. He flinched slightly, but nodded.

Port: "Ask away, young Huntsman to be."

Y/n: "If you don't mind answering, how did you defeat that Nevermore?"

Port perked up at the question, and started reenacting the fight.

Port: "Oh, what a grand battle it was! You see, unlike other Grimm that almost completely rely on sensing negative emotions, Nevermores are actually very reliant on their sense of sight! So, I stabbed out both of its eyes to destabilize it, the best way to do that is to stab it right as it swoops at you to eat you, and then, I got on its back, and beheaded the foul beast!"

Y/n: "Ah, I see, I see. Thank you for the knowledge. Sorry for interrupting you."

Port: "Nonsense, my boy! I am a teacher. There's no need to apologize to me for making me do my job!"

Y/n respectfully nodded, as he noted down the strategy to take down a Nevermore, while Yang looked at him, slightly impressed at his lack of boredom. After the story, Port brought out a small Boarbatusk in order to have a student demonstrate the correct way to deal with one, and, the Schnee from before happily volunteered. However, as she went through with both the physical fight with the Grimm, and the verbal fight with her own team, Y/n realized something.

Y/n: Most of her anger's directed at Ruby, she obviously wants to be the leader....But more than that....she's like me...she wants to be the lone wolf ace of the team....Ah well, it isn't my proble...

He turned to his side to see Yang, clearly distraught at how this rich woman was treating her sister.

Y/n: .......fuck.

After all the classes for the day ended, Y/n changed back into his hoodie, and silently followed the Schnee up to the rooftop. She was staring out into the horizon, obviously pissed. Y/n knew that whatever he did would either calm her down or result in her throwing him off the roof. Thinking so, he walked up to her, and sat on the railing, looking at her.

Y/n: "Hey there, Schnee."

Schnee: "I'm not in the mood to talk, especially not to a Faunus. And it's Weiss."

Y/n chuckled, as he put his hood up over his head.

Y/n: "Faunus? Whatever are you talking about? I can't see any ears, no siree. And, I'm only calling you Schnee, because, let's face it, that's the part of your name that people give a shit about. If you don't believe me, then pay attention at the next fancy ball that you go to, that how many people call you 'Weiss', and how many people call you 'Ms. Schnee'. Anyways, that's not why I'm here to talk."