chpt. 15

reader's pov :)

After having to watch all of my comrades practice combat training for 2 hours, it was FINALLY time for ODM training/practice. I haven't been this excited in a very long time. Although we all know how to use our gear, we still train to get better. That's something I really like about this place.

Before we moved to the forest to train, everyone grouped to grab some water and to sit for just a little bit.

"F/N, are you excited to finally start training again?" asked Armin with a giant smile on his face.

"I'm beyond ecstatic" I said, almost squealing.

"Don't get too excited F/N, you only have 2 weeks to train before we go to take back Wall Maria! So you better not be stupid and get hurt again" snapped Jean, smirking at me like an idiot.

"Shut up horse face, I'm not stupid" I said, walking over to Hange and Levi.

"F/N!! Are you ready to use your ODM gear again?" shouted Hange, grabbing and shaking my shoulders.

"Woah there four-eyes, don't you remember she had a concussion?" said Levi, pulling Hange away from me. He's so freaking protective.

"I'm sorry I'm just so excited to finally see her in action!" Hange squealed, giving me a hug.

"Hange, I'm excited too. Now please get off of me." I laughed, pushing her away.

Hange handed me my ODM gear, and began to walk toward Sawney and Bean.

"Uh- I don't know if I remember-"

"I'll help you. She's in her own world right now." Levi said, taking some of the gear out of my hand. He grabbed my waist and attacked the gear around, and secured it. He tightened the straps on my thighs, his hands slightly brushing against my inner thigh.

"I- uh, thank you, Captain."

"Are you sleeping back in your room tonight since yesterday was your last day of complete bed rest?" He asked, standing up and facing me.

"I figured I'll just stay with you one more day" I said, feeling my cheeks get flustered. "To keep you company."

Yeah that was a lie. You actually wanted him to break your back. But you would never admit that.

"Fine by me." Levi said, brushing the grass off of his legs. "Let's go train."

Once everyone was done taking a break, we walked toward the forest. Levi and I caught up to my friends.

"Hey F/N!"

"F/N! You're back!"

"Hiiiii!"

Everyone seemed so happy to see me when I walked up. These people genuinely made me feel at home.

I waved and got into position with the group.

"Alright Cadets, you know the drill, basic ODM training. There are fake titans toward the end of the tree line. I know you guys have already killed plenty real ones, but what's the harm in practicing?" Levi said, with a boring look on his face.

Everyone groaned, because everyone knew what to do already; i mean they've already killed real titans. But I have never been so excited to get back into something I love doing.

"Alright, go."

Everyone shot up into the air, grappling the trees and swaying through the dark forest. I looked down, to see my feet still on the ground.

What the fuck? Why am I not moving?

"F/N? Why the hell are you still here?" Levi asked.

"I-I don't know... I'm trying to move but I just can't. I think I'm scared."

Fuck. I'm not scared of anything. Why the hell is this happening?

All of a sudden I felt warm hands wrap around my waist, pushing my forward. A hand grabbed mine, placed it on my ODM gear, finger on the trigger.

"I know it hurt. But you're ok now. You are such a badass, F/N. You have nothing to be scared of." Levi whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"T-Thank you-"  His hand that was on my hand, moved to my waist again, his thumb gently rubbing against my side.

"Stay with me tonight. And tomorrow night. And the next. I don't want to you go."

"Levi, can we talk about this later? I kind of need to face my fucking fears..."

He pulled away and cleared his throat.

"Uh-yes. Go. Don't be a pussy."

There's the Levi I know.

I finally got the courage to press the trigger to my ODM gear, sending me flying through the air toward a tree. I used the other trigger on the other side to grapple the next tree to my right, and then to the left again.

Finally. I feel normal again.

Once I reached the area with all of the dummy titans, almost all of them were already demolished by my fellow cadets. Although, there was one left. I made my way toward it, putting all my effort into getting to it before someone else did. I pulled my swords out of my gear, and spun. I landed on the ground, but on my feet this time. I looked up at the fake titan to see a perfectly sliced nape.

I'm back bitches.

"F/N!! You did it!" I heard Armin yell.

All of my friends came running up to me with huge smiles on their faces. Mikasa gave me a giant hug, followed by literally everyone else.

"Ew, Jean, get off of me." Mikasa said after staying in the group hug for only 10 seconds.

"Ahh that felt so good. It's been a while" I said, giving Eren a high five.

"Why were you so far back?" He asked.

"I just, uh, my ODM gear was a little messed up. I just had to fix it real quick."

Mikasa looked at me, almost as if she knew what actually happened. She somehow always knows, but that's what I love about her.

We all began walking back to HQ. It was getting dark, and the sunset looked beautiful.

I definitely want to watch the sunset tonight.

I trailed behind the rest of the group, admiring the sky above me. I was passing the stables when I heard a familiar voice from the balcony of the stable.

"F/N. Up here. You wanted to see the sunset too?"