Chapter 6 - Fight Club

Start from the beginning

"Maybe I could put them away for now, out of sight?" He questioned, causing her to nod her head. He watched the pain in her eyes disappear, day by day. The dullness was still there but not as prominent. "I don't mind." He assured her.

After breakfast, Theo had some things to finish up at work but he decided to do it from home. He had a stack of letters, about a meter high, on his desk. Kat said she was going to write to her boss at the Ministry to see if they needed extra help with anything. She explained her situation vaguely, saying she could do whatever they needed at home. Theo even offered to turn one of the empty rooms into another office, just for her.

Theo's hand cramped as he signed off on multiple donations to charities, also funded by Malfoy. Next were the howlers, which all ex-death eaters received. It was tough at first but his friends helped him adjust. Now it was just an everyday thing, he barely even listened to the words as they flew around him.

After the screeching stopped, they would turn to ash on his floor. A simple banishing charm took care of the mess. Looking down at the Emerald green letter with an all too familiar wax seal, he rolled his eyes. It was from his father.

Theodore,

How dare you storm out of the house like you did. I thought I raised you better than that, you've proved me wrong. You've lost your way son.

Calling your father a, what was it? 'Blood Supremacist' after your slag left the estate, was disrespectful. What have I taught you about respect boy? Clearly you are unwell.

Next time, you will make sure the mudblood stays quiet. To let her speak to your father in such ways...i'm disappointed in you Theodore. She had no right to speak to me in my own that way.

Stop messing around! You should be doing everything you can to keep this family pure. Not going around frolicking with filth... with the impure. That woman is a parasite Theodore! The sooner you figure it out, the better.

Now, I hope I make myself clear when I say this; get it together. I would hate for something tragic to happen to her if you don't.

I don't need to remind you how much I have done for you. You would be nothing without me. How could you do this to your poor old father. You're mother would be heartbroken.

This is your last warning.

Sincerely,

Your displeased father

Theo ripped up the letter with his hands, feeling like it soothed him in some way. He wasn't scared of his father's threats. Mainly because he could only have certain visitors and he wasn't allowed to even leave his house.

The anger in Theo was itching beneath the surface, begging for a chance to be released. His darkness gnawed at his bones until his head began to hurt. He would get it all out tonight. Everything felt like it was weighing on his shoulders.

Protecting Katherine.

Keeping his father away.

Holding himself together.

Coping with loss.

It was all crashing down and it was slowly killing him.

Finally he decided he was going to write back. Theo never wrote his father back, it was always easier to ignore him. It was easier to obey but he was done ignoring the fact that his father had been gaslighting him for years.

To the man who continues to ruin my life,

I was five when mum died, you weren't there. She was getting sicker by the day and you were off screwing another woman. You took her for granted and after she died, you did the same with me.