⋆⋅ fourty two ⋆⋅

Start from the beginning

"you literally weren't listening to anything I just said, did you?"

"not one bit" I turned around to wipe another counter.

"you already wiped that counter—twice"

"yeah, I know—but twenty minutes ago it was clean—and in that twenty minutes multiple dust molecules have landed on that surface" I pointed to the seemingly clean marble.

"ok, you do you—I just need you to actually listen to me speaking"

"I'm doing it now aren't i?"

Quackity sighed before going on, "do you want to go looking?"

"for Molly?"

"yeah duh"

"yes—wait how are we—"

"just follow me" Alex left the kitchen and I followed behind, shrugging to a confused Tubbo as I left.

"where are we—" I followed him out to the front door, quickly shrugging on a jacket as he walked to the car.

"chop chop child" he said as I hopped over to the vehicle struggling to put my shoes on. He unlocked the car doors, and as soon as I sat in the passenger side, he started it up and drove out of the cabin driveway.

"what are you doing?" I turned to him,

"getting you away from that house" he kept his eyes on the road.

"what wrong with the house?" I looked behind us, the cabin becoming smaller in the distance.

"you need to stop suppressing your feelings—you're cleaning more than a white mom the morning of your first playdate with johnny"

"I am not—"

"shut your trap" he snapped; I crossed my arms stubbornly.

In the silence, Alex's phone started buzzing in one of the cup holders of the car.

"do you want me to get that" I said blankly.

"please" he continued to drive. I grabbed the phone and read the contact,

"It's Karl, should I answer?"

"yeah, its fine" he said as I pressed the answer button.

"hey Alex!" Karl's bright voice filled the car.

────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────

"hey kid" Techno knocked on the open door to my temporary room,

"yo" i was reading the 4th book today, Karl didn't have many books but there was enough to take up my time.

"what are you doing?" he walked over.

"reading" I said blankly.

"how intriguing" he said droningly.

"indeed" I replied, not looking up from the book.

"Karl had an idea; I think you should hear"

"what is it?" I glanced up for the first time.

"well— we thought you might want to see how they are," I raised my eyebrows in confusion,

"so Karl would call one of them, probably Quackity, and just talk to him normally, and we'll see how they're holding up"

"I like that idea' I nodded.

"ok we'll do that soon—do you want some tea?" He knew of my love for tea just about as much as I did.

"yes please" I grinned and walked out with him.

"do you like my idea?" Karl asked smiling.

"yes" I sat down on the couch not far away from him.

Techno handed me a mug of tea as he sat down across from me.

"ok here we go" Karl took a deep breathe and pressed the call button.

"hey Alex!" he said in his best happy impression.

a/n: yo sorry for the slow updates, GO CHECK OUT softnuage NEWEST BOOK "CLOUT QUEEN" ITS SO GOOD SO FAR AND SHE RIGHTS VERY VERY WELL!
here's some memes for your soul,

a/n: yo sorry for the slow updates, GO CHECK OUT softnuage NEWEST BOOK "CLOUT QUEEN" ITS SO GOOD SO FAR AND SHE RIGHTS VERY VERY WELL! here's some memes for your soul,