Prologue

Anna POV

'Rogue, Cerebro has located a new mutant. I'd like you, Jean, and Logan to retrieve them. Be careful I sense that this mutant is very powerful.' Professor X said, 'We're on it.' I said.

We went to a deserted island. From what we could tell there were no humans on the island. We landed the X-jet, "Everyone be careful. We don't know what powers this mutant has." Jean said, suddenly the breeze completely stopped, a tense and ominous presence filled the air, "Everyone, on guard." I said as Wolverine smelled looking for the mutant, "Gottem'!" Wolverine said as he sprinted towards the dense forest, suddenly a small child, who couldn't have been any older than three-years-old, jumped out of the brush and knocked Wolverine to the ground before he lunged towards Jean, but she stopped the boy before he even got close to us, "Sorry about this sugar." I said as I touched the boy's forehead draining his powers and memories knocking him out, suddenly visions of the boy's past appeared before me, in these memories the boy couldn't have been older than a month or two. I watched as the child's mother and father fought over something, the family was on a large, lavish boat. I watched as the ship was hit by a terrible storm, large waves crashed on the ship slowly tearing it apart, the mother and father scrambled to gather supplies. The father gathered his valuables, while the mother gathered things for herself and her child, she reached for her son, but before she could reach him the boat tipped to one side, and a large chest crushed her legs. Seconds later the back of the ship was torn off and the child flung out into the air as the ship sank. The father attempted to escape, but he was dragged down by the ship. The child eventually washed up on the shore of an island. He was cold, hungry, and alone. Before long a wolf found the child, I couldn't help but fear for the baby, but the wolf simply sniffed the crying newborn before gently picking him up and carried him to her den. She nursed the child along with her own pups. I watched this wolf raise the child as her own until we showed up and disturbed their peaceful life. "Oh, you poor baby." I said as I scooped up the child, "I'm so sorry but we've gotta take you with us darlin'." I said softly.

We took the child back onto the X-jet and to make sure he was comfortable I let him use my lap as a pillow, I gently petted him hoping it would make him feel safe. I looked down and saw the child looking up at me, "Well hello there sugar." I said sweetly, "Oh good he's awake." Jean said, suddenly the child jumped up landing on all fours like an animal before he began to growl at her, "NO! SHE'S A FRIEND!" I said as I jumped up, suddenly the child ran behind me and hid, "Looks like someone's imprinted on you." Jean said as I picked the child up, "You're alright darlin', you're alright." I said as the child clung to me, "Why don't you give him a name. He probably doesn't have one since he's been stuck on that island." Jean said, "Right, everyone needs a name. So how about we call him (y/n)." I said, "Yeah, that's a nice name." I said.

After a few hours, we made it back to the institute. The professor gave (y/n) the introduction, but when it was time for his tour of the mansion he refused to leave my side, so I had to give him the tour. "And this is your room. Now we'll have to make some adjustments, but it'll all be ready for you by the time you go to bed tonight." I said, suddenly (y/n) hid his face in my chest as someone walked by. As they passed he growled at them and when they turned around he hid again, "Sorry. He's shy." I said, they shrugged and continued walking. Here why don't you go check out your room and get a feel for it." I said as I sat him down, suddenly he sprinted into the room and jumped onto the bed. He grabbed a pillow with his mouth and began to tear it apart, "HEY!" I said sternly causing him to drop the pillow and whine. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell." I said as I walked in and sat next to him, suddenly he tried to nuzzle me, "Darlin', you're a part of the Xavier Institute now. We're a family, we're your pack." I said, "P-P-Pock." he said, "That's right and in this pack, you're the baby. And we'll do whatever we have to, to keep you safe." I said he lied his head on my lap and rolled over onto his back, "Ok pup, there's one more thing to do. And that's to give you a much-needed bath." I said as I picked him up and carried him to the bathroom.

For a while (y/n) resisted getting into the water. I had to change into my swimsuit and get in the tub with him to get him in the water, and even then he was still hesitant and nervous. He'd repeatedly try to cling to me but I'd push him away, "Ok this is clearly not working, so let me clean you up, and then we can go." I said as I put shampoo in my hand and began washing (y/n)'s hair.

"Night darlin'." I said as I tucked (y/n) into bed, I knew he was tired since he fell right to sleep.

It was about three in the morning when I heard scratching at my bedroom door, "Who's there?" I asked groggily as I began to open the door, suddenly (y/n) burst into the room and hid under my bed. It was clear he was terrified by how much he was trembling, "Hey what's the matter?" I asked as I closed the door and sat by the bed, (y/n) slowly crawled out and clung to me in tears, "Hey, hey, you're alright sugar." I said as I petted him calming him down, "It's hard adjusting to a new place like this. It's even harder to get used to having a room all to yourself.  If you want you can sleep in here tonight." I said he nodded, "Come on." I said as I got into bed, he jumped up into bed with me. I tried to cover him up, but he'd just kick them off. He snuggled up to me, "It'll get easier. I promise." I said before I kissed the top of his head.

After a few weeks with us, (y/n) finally started to act more human, he's even begun to learn to speak. But, he has yet to show us any sign that his mutant power was even close to emerging. The professor said that if he didn't want to stay he could return to the island or we could find him a new family. Ultimately (y/n) chose to go back to the island. "I'm gonna miss ya darlin'. You're a great cuddler." I said as I gave (y/n) a hug, "Bye-bye." he said softly, "Hey don't say that. I'll be back every month to check on ya, and you'll always have a home at the institute." I said as I walked him out of the jet where we were met by a pack of wolves, (y/n) happily tried to join them, but the female who raised him all his life growled and tried to attack him scaring (y/n) to the point of crying, he ran back over to me as the wolves retreated into the woods. I scooped him up and comforted him, "I'm so sorry darlin'. I guess you were just away for too long." I said as he looked up at me before resting his head on my shoulder, "Mama." he said softly, "Come on sugar, let's go home. I won't let the professor take you from another family." I said sweetly.