Convince Me

As I started my usual habit of spiraling, I heard a click and jumped. The door opened in front of me to reveal the beautiful boy. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me with wide eyes and a gaping mouth.

"Hey Gogy."

***

"Cl-clay?" he whispered.

I nodded, a small smile on my face. 

"Are you real?"

He slowly got out of the house and closed the door. With shaking hands, he reached up and lightly touched my cheeks. His cold fingertips made warmth blossom within me. 

"You're real. You're really here. I'm not dreaming."

He was crying now, his hands cupping my face as if he was scared to let go. I gently clasped his wrists and smiled.

"I'm here George, I'm real."

Both of us were crying now. I tentatively stepped towards him and he immediately wrapped his arms around me. Relieved, I hugged him back, laughing. His usual warmth had gone but it didn't matter, I had missed him so fucking much. I felt happiness flood my heart from just feeling him close to me. It felt as if something that had been missing from me had now come back and that we had reconnected. I couldn't even feel the hole in my chest. As we stood in each other's arms, I promised myself I would never let him go again. No matter what fights we had, no matter how much he didn't want to be with me, he would always be mine. 

***

I was sitting on the brown couch, looking around. His house was just as I had imagined it, cozy, quaint, and very British. Pictures of him his family lined the walls as well as paintings of miscellaneous cottages. The furniture was all white and covered in flowers except for the couch I was currently sitting on. Even his dining table had a matching tablecloth running along the top. It gave a vintage feel, so different from my house. I liked it.

After we had calmed down after our earlier meeting, George had invited me inside and offered to brew some tea. He came back from the kitchen with a tray in hand.

He sat down on the armchair next to me and put the tray on the table. I watched him as he poured the tea from the tall porcelain tea holder into two small teacups in a practiced motion. I thanked him quietly and took the cup from him. We sat in silence for a few moments, both of us unsure of what to say. There was an air of awkwardness due to our dramatic reunion from just a few moments prior as we both looked at anything but each other.

"I thought you lived with your parents?" I stupidly asked.

"Oh, they're out right now."

Silence once again resumed and I cursed myself for my pathetic attempt at breaking the tension.

"Why are you here Dream?" he finally asked before setting the china down.

"Oh, um, well..." I sputtered. I took in a deep breath before continuing, "I'm here to fight."

"Fight?"

"Yes. For you. I'm here to fight for you."

His eyes lit up and a smile tugged at his lips. But just as it came, the expression immediately disappeared with a shake of his head. 

"You can't just come here, without telling me might I add, for that Dream!" he exclaimed.

"Well, I did."

He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. 

"And how do you suppose you'll fight for me?"

"I'll convince you, George. Whatever it takes." I wiggled my brows at the last part and grinned when I saw the blush that spread across his cheeks.