𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , peace in storms

Start from the beginning

Slowly, Landon takes her hand, drawing her focus back to him. "Everything's going to be okay, you know that right? Malivore's gone." Katherine doesn't say anything as she looks away. "We somehow stopped Malivore. No more monsters. No more curse. No more Triad. It's just us. Normal magical teenagers." Katherine giggles softly, causing Landon to smile. "As normal as we can be."

"Well, and considering I'm technically 35-"

"Don't make this weirder than it needs to be." Katherine laughs at him, the two knowing she was now, technically, 17 again. That was one thing that impacted their group immensely, was the fact that she had the possible ability of aging. It was unclear if she could, but Katherine was excited to find out.

She looks down, thinking for just a moment. "How would you like coming with me to the Mystic Grill? I need to meet up with Jeremy Gilbert."

Landon's eyes light up at the invitation. "Like, yeah! Sure!"

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Summer began to pass, Katherine spending most of her time either with Landon or with Dorian. Today, Alaric had visited, needing some equipment from the school. "So how is the headmaster search going?" Asked Dr. Saltzman.

"Caroline's narrowing it down, until then Katherine and I have been preparing everything." The vampire gives a wave to her friend.

Alaric stands up, holding a box. "I really appreciate you loaning me this stuff. I'm headed to Georgia tomorrow. I'm gonna do another round of forensic testing on the Malivore pit." He explains to them. "If I learn anything new, I'll let you know." Dorian seems to almost ignore Alaric, causing the former headmaster to sigh. "I know I may have gotten heated over the vote."

"You did." Dorian replied.

"Yeah, okay, I probably overreacted."

"You may have."

Alaric shrugs, "Well, I just wasn't expecting that you'd keep your vote a secret." He retorts.

Katherine rolls her eyes, bored of the conversation. "It was a secret ballot, Ric." She pointed out.

"Yeah. Of course. But between him, Josie, Kaleb and Jed voting, I'm still wondering how three to one happened." Alaric says, chuckling as he looks back at Dorian. "Yeah, I just assumed I could count on your vote like I could have Katherine's."

Dorian gestures to the box. "Good luck, Ric. I really hope you find what you're looking for."

Katherine, who was wearing a yellow summer dress with short sleeves, sighs. "I'll help you." She mumbles.

The two end up at Alaric's truck. "Now that Matt's becoming mayor, do you think he's gonna keep up your guys's deal?" Alaric asks the Valentine.

"Well, now that I only feed every few weeks, I don't think he'll mind." The girl hums, shutting the car door shut.

Landon walks over, "Dr. Saltzman. Long time no see." The Saltzman and Katherine look at the large plate of raw meat.

"I see Raf is eating better than I am." Alaric jokes.

"Yeah, well, you get stuck in permanent wolf form, and you, too, can hit the all-you-can-eat meat buffet."

Alaric nods. "Yeah. Any luck finding a spell to turn him back?" He asks the Phoenix.

Landon purses his lips, when Katherine scoots next to him. "We're working on it." She answers, placing a hand on Landon's back. "Any luck figuring out why we can't remember destroying the Malivore pit?" She asks.