5. Dex POV

I wasn't sure what was up with Keefe. He went all psycho on wonderboy- which, wasn't that bad. But I was afraid about how Sophie was going to react. 

Keefe was my friend, and I wasn't going to let him do something stupid. 

I had been sitting on a bench, enjoying the loneliness I constantly felt. Marella had been laying on the grass, sketching. Everything was going fine- until Keefe decided to let out that rage with the assault of Ritz Savory Cracker. 

It was all just a mess.  

Especially with Marella. 

Marella has always been my friend. We were kind of forgotten about by the rest of the group, the ones who weren't ever really remembered.      

I know, I had Sophie, and she would always be my best friend... but it got kind of lonely. She was always with Fitz until they broke up, and now she's always with Keefe. She is too interested in her boyfriend(s?) to really care about me anymore. 

Linh is never really here. She's always with Wylie, or in a bookstore, or hanging out with Marella. 

Biana had always been cool to hang out with too. A few years ago, I had liked her, and it got all weird when I confessed... eventually, the awkwardness kind of died out, and we were great friends. But her friendship was kind of lost when she got together with Tam, and well...

 I don't really know if I have anyone left. 

But Marella was always forgotten about, just like me. We would hang out together, and go see movies, and talk, and study together. We were really good friends- probably because we have so much in common.   

Anyhow, back to the story. I was just sitting, when I heard shouts from across the courtyard. Fitz was calling Keefe's name. Then Keefe started to run, and Fitz chased him, and then they started talking. 

And then Keefe punched Fitz in the face. 

That part really took me by surprise. Keefe is always so gentle, and sweet. He would never do something like that. 

Yes, what Fitz did was wrong. Yes, Fitz deserved to be punched. But Keefe shouldn't take out his anger on Sophie's ex and possibly upset her. 

It's all just a big mess now.