3. Sophie's POV

1 Hour Later 

"This is great! Where'd you find this place, Dex?" Biana was enthusiastically shoving sushi into her mouth and somehow managed to still make it look ladylike. 

Dex waved his iPhone in the air while chewing. "It's called, 'You Can Google Anything'!" 

Biana smiled and rolled her eyes at Dex's humor. 

Keefe was sitting next to me, staring in wonder at my use of chopsticks. 

"Foster, what kind of sorcery is this?" 

I sighed. "It's not sorcery. You hold this one like this," I told him, adjusting one of the chopsticks in his hand, "and the other, you hold like this. Then you open and close them, see?" 

Keefe did not get the hang of chopsticks. 

Instead, he dropped a rainbow roll that had been dunked in soy sauce on his shirt, staining the pristine white fabric. 

Tam was smirking at Keefe, and I suppressed a snicker. "And I thought that I  was the clumsy one." 

Keefe groaned and tried to wipe off the spill with a cloth napkin. Instead, he just smeared it, making it much more visible. 

"Foster! Help me," Keefe whined. "Hey, just put on your jacket. I'll help you when we get back to the dorms," I told him. 

Hesitantly, Keefe  pulled on his jacket. "How about we try an easier utensil?" I suggested.

 Keefe nodded as I handed him a fork. 

We finished up lunch, the table filling with conversation and laughter over the next 30 minutes. 

When the waiter gave us the bill, I payed, and we headed out. 

"So, are we heading back to the dorms?" I asked. Keefe nodded. 

"Actually, Tam and I have movie tickets, so we won't be joining you," Biana told me. I smiled and nodded. 

"Ah, an old fashioned movie date! Young love is in the air! Why won't you two just admit that you're together already? It's pretty obvious. You're like, basically dating now," Dex said to the couple. 

Biana's face flushed pink. 

"Well, we better get going now, so catch you around!" Tam said suddenly. The two walked off, leaving the trio. 

"Bangs Boy is acting quite sus," Keefe told me. "I wonder what's up." 

I shrugged. "I don't know. But I don't want to be meddling around in their relationship." 

"Like how they set us up?" He asked me. 

I shrugged again. I still remember that day, three months ago. It was probably one of the most awkward nights of my life, but it was definitely one of the best nights too. 

When we finished walking back to Foxfire, Dex opened the door for us with his key card to the boys' dorm hallway. 

"You gonna help me get that stain out?" Keefe asked me. I nodded as he unlocked the door to  his room and Dex left us. 

Keefe's room was a mess, as always. I had tried to encourage him to clean up a little bit, but I don't think it did much. 

There were sketch pads and pencils littered on the floor, I saw his football jersey crumpled in the corner, and a leaning stack of homework on his desk that I knew he would never do. 

"Take off your shirt so I can get the stain out," I told him. 

"Okay, fine. If you want to see my abs that badly, at least don't be bossy about it." 

I rolled my eyes, and waited for him to hand me the shirt. I realized how close we were standing, and how Keefe was noticing my staring. 

"Checking me out, huh Foster? I do look pretty great," he said with a smirk. 

I looked away. "No." 

"I see you are still in denial. Here's my shirt. " He handed me the stained fabric, and I headed to the sink to wash it out. 

"In a year, you're going to have to learn how to get your own clothes clean," I told him will scrubbing the shirt. "And learn how to use chopsticks."  

"Yeah, yeah." I could tell he wasn't paying attention. 

He walked over to the sink where I was standing, now wearing an over-sized Batman tee. I had to admit, he looked adorable. Our shoulders were touching. 

I felt him gazing at me, and I turned my head to face him. 

"You're so beautiful," he whispered. He lifted his fingers, brushing a stray hair off my forehead. 

I leaned in to kiss his soft lips. He tenderly cupped my cheek and wrapped his other arm around my waist. I ran my hands through his perfectly tousled blond hair. 

He pulled me closer. He could feel him smile. 

In that moment, in his dorm room, I realized how perfect he was. How he was the only one for me, and how he would always be. About how he was my perfect other half, my soulmate. 

Keefe, with his gorgeous blue eyes that could always tell what I was feeling, his squishy hugs, his messy room. 

I had fallen. Fallen in love with Keefe Sencen. 

I pulled back, resting my forehead against his. 

"I love you. God, I love you so much Keefe," I told him, my voice quiet. 

"I love you, Sophie." 

Keefe was all I needed. I melted into his embrace, and he lifted me off my feet for a millisecond, then set me back down. 

I looked into his eyes. His lopsided grin appeared. 

I cleared my throat. "I should probably get back to my dorm," I said despite wanting to stay with Keefe. 

He nodded, and squeezed my hand before letting me go. 

I walked down the hallway with a goofy, lovesick smile on my face.

A/N 

eeeee!!! I hoped you all liked this chapter!! im sorry these chapters are kind of short. I'm waiting until we get further into the story to do long chapters. 

Listening to Emerald Eyes by Anson Seabra.

make sure to vote! love u all :) and have a blessed day 

any recommendations for what should happen in the next chapter?  comment them 

byeeeee!!!