𝟒𝟔: 𝐒𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐭 𝐚 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

Word count: 3874

"Hey, I'm turning 18 today."

Iris Riddle

I walked out of the room, "I love you." I called back to Draco. I heard him chuckle as I exited the room.

I ran down the stairs of the astronomy tower quickly. I didn't put my heels back on because I knew those would've slowed me down. I made it to the bottom of the stairs and sped walked through the corridor. 

There was a couple making out on a bench and I scoffed in disgust. My thighs started to burn from the night I just had so I took a break really quick, putting my hands on my knees, "What's wrong with you?"

I turned around and saw Riven standing by and exit, "Non of your business."

He then grunted in pain and I heard a bang. I turned back around and saw Riven leaning against the wall of the corridor, holding his rib and breathing fast, "You alright?"

He nodded, "Full moon week."

My mouth dropped, "Why the hell are you in the school? Shouldn't you be far away?"

"I wasn't exactly planning on turning tonight." He looked at me and I saw a tinge of yellow in his eyes.   

"Talk to me," I said calmly, "What got you so riled up?"

"You usually don't talk about the reason why I'm mad to calm me down." He winced. 

I sighed, "Well, what do you want to talk about?" 

He chuckled, "I thought we weren't friends."

I scoffed, "Oh we aren't. I just don't want my friends to be in danger with a werewolf running around the school and all."

He then yelled in pain and fell to the ground, "Where does in hurt?" 

He breathed heavily, "Everywhere."

"Well what does it feel like?" I sat down. 

He looked to me, "Like my bones are burning."

"My scar burns once in a while. Hurts like hell." I chuckled. 

His eyes went from yellow, back to brown, "Why does it burn?"

I shrugged. I couldn't tell him about the visions so I made up the first lie that came to mind, "I can basically feel all my fathers rage. It's just centred to one place." I put my hand on my scar.

He sat up, "I'm sorry."

I scoffed, "Easy Riven, you sound like you mean it." 

He laughed and sighed, closing his eyes, "Thank you, Iris."

I stood up and smiled, walking away.  I felt a little proud to be honest. I just calmed down a werewolf that could have turned any minute. I skipped a little and made my way to the common room. 

I entered and saw people with their dates but no Pansy, Willow or Carley. I didn't plan on seeing Willow for awhile though. Pansy said she would wait for us in the common room while Carley and I planned to meet her here at 11:00. Maybe they went to my room?

I walked up the prefect stairs and slowed down when I got to Kades door. I didn't hear anything, they probably used the muffliato charm on the door. I continued to walk normal speed to my door and once I got there, I said the password. The door opened a crack and I let myself in. 

Pansy and Carley were sitting on my bed talking. Their heads turned to me and smiled. I smiled as well and plopped down on the bed, beside Pansy.