Chapter 6 - Student Council Strikes Again

A/N: Hey guys, I just wanna say that If you didn't get to the part about Bennett last chapter, go back and re-read through it! Apparently when I published the chapter, Wattpad didnt save some of my changes :/ Anyway, enjoy!

--

"Y/n? You're in this study hall too?" You heard a voice coo from behind you. You didn't even have to turn around to know who was calling out to you. You cursed under your breath. Did this guy just follow you everywhere? 

"Aw, c'mon Y/n! No response at all? Do you hate me?" You felt a hand press down against your chair. Turning, you saw the familiar face of none other than Kaeya himself. You turned to Bennett, who was doing his best to look away as Kaeya's face inched closer to yours. 

"What do you want, Kaeya? I'm trying to do my English homework..." You crossed your arms. 

Kaeya placed his free hand on his exposed chest. "Ouch, Y/n. You're so cold. I just wanted to check in on you, that's all." 

"You seem to do that an awful lot." You frowned. 

"Do you not enjoy my company?" He swept some of his hair back, giving you a flirty look. 

You sighed. "Not when I'm trying to do my homework. Plus, Bennett is right there. Do you not have any respect for personal space?" 

Bennett continued to stare at his computer screen, pretending he wasn't watching the two of you out of the corner of his eye. Kaeya pursed his lips for a moment, before turning to Bennett with a bright smile. 

"Bennett, it's been awhile!" He ruffled the blond's hair, looking over his computer screen. 

"K-Kaeya! Stop it!" He whined. "Can't you find someone else to bother?" 

Kaeya brushed off the comment. "How's your little club going? It's pretty small, isn't it? If I remember, there's only a total of four members." 

"W-Well, yeah! But the Adventurer's Guild is always on the lookout for new members! There'll be lots more people part of Benny's Adventure Team in no time!" 

Kayea simply chuckled. "We'll see." Suddenly, his facial expression turned dark. "If you can't find more members soon, the Student Council might just have to get rid of your little club." 

You watched as worry filled Bennett's face. You felt bad for him. You slammed your English textbook shut with a loud thud. Putting your palms on the table, you pushed yourself up. You shot a glare at Kaeya. "Back off already, would you? Bennett hasn't even done anything to you and you're threatening him! Is Student Council filled with pricks like you?" 

Both of their eyes widened. Bennett looked like he was going to cry. Kaeya quickly regained his composure, though his expression had turned sour. "I wouldn't talk like that, Y/n. You'll find yourself in trouble." He shot you a glare before walking back to whatever hell he'd come from. Bennett stood from his seat.

"Y/n! Are you crazy? You shouldn't mess with Student Council! They hold a lot of power in this school!" His expression was full of worry. 

"Bennett, I'll be fine. Besides, they shouldn't be able to get away with acting however they want whenever they want. They're only students, after all." You gave him a warm smile. "Besides, I don't want my new friend to be bullied." 

"Y-Y/n..." Bennett's eyes filled with tears. "That's so nice of you..." 

You could hear him sniffling. Oh no... I made him cry...

Before you could say anything, you were pulled into a tight hug. "Thanks Y/n! You're my new best friend!" You couldn't help but blush. He was adorable. Slowly, you wrapped your arms around him, accepting his hug. 

"R-Really?" You asked. "I'd really like that." 

Bennett nodded. He let you go, and the two of you got back to your homework. It took up until the bell rang, but you finally got your English homework finished. You waved Bennett goodbye as you went to your next class. 

"Maybe... Maybe Y/n is some sort of sign that my bad luck isn't so bad after all..." Bennett whispered to himself, as he slung his bag over his shoulder. 

Your next class was Chemistry. You remembered Aether had said that both he and Lumine were in this class. You spotted them waving at you. You also saw Amber sitting in the table next to them. You pulled out a chair and sat next to her. She grinned at you, and the teacher started speaking. Since you came in the middle of the year, your classmates were beginning an experiment. 

Apparently, she had picked the groups for you, which made you feel uneasy. You were supposed to work in groups of three, so you really hoped that Aether and Lumine were your partners. The teacher began calling out names. 

"Aether, Lumine, Amber, the three of you are a group." Your heart sank. You were going to be stuck with people you didn't know. 

"Y/n, Albedo, Sucrose. You're the last group." You looked around frantically, trying to pinpoint who Albedo and Sucrose were, but unfortunately, nobody wore nametags. Lumine tapped your shoulder. 

"Over there," she whispered, now pointing at two students in the back of the room. They were sitting at a table together, and it looked like they were barely paying attention. Sucrose was the girl, you assumed, who had long green-ish hair tied back into a ponytail. Albedo was blond, his hair coming down just above his shoulders. Some of his hair was pulled back into a small little ponytail. You also took note of a diamond shaped mark on his neck. 

As if he felt you looking at him, Albedo raised his eyes to meet yours. You watched as a small smile crossed his face, before he looked back down at his notebook.