vi. phone call

"hey what's up?" karls voice over the phone sounded enchanting.

"it's my boyfriend, well ex boyfriend now." she sighed, clutching her knees towards her chest.

karls eyes widened as he sat up in his bed, holding the phone tight to his ear, "spencer?"

"how'd you know?" she sniffled, wiping her nose.

"i was looking through your instagram and saw a few pictures of him."

"yeah, we were together for a little over a year. he was always extremely rude and constantly invalidated my issues. i have awful anxiety, especially social. and he would just always criticize me."

"i know where you're coming from, i have anxiety and add. it's difficult to function sometimes, people never seem to be considerate."

"no they really don't," she let out a small giggle, "today he had come over and i asked why he was always so irritated by me. he went on a tangent about how i can't handle myself, and i won't have sex with him, and how i'm too obsessive over people on the internet." she droned on.

"people, including me?" he bit the inside of his cheek.

"yeah, he brought up you commenting on my instagram post and our twitter interactions. he thinks i was cheating on him."

"rowan i'm so sorry. i knew i crossed some boundaries, i shouldn't have went looking for your other accounts." he rambled, running his hands through his hair.

"karl stop. this is in no way you're fault. if anything it finally gave me the chance to get rid of him, i always wanted to. but i was terrified."

"in that case i'm glad i could help."

"i'm glad you could to." she picked at the nail polish on her fingers, trying to fight the smile tugged at the corners of her mouth.

there was a comfortable silence for a few minutes, where both of them just sat with their phone in their hand. taking in each other's presence. rowan looked at the clock, 7:30. a few minutes had been more like thirty.

"karl, don't you have to stream soon?" she perked up, getting herself off the ground.

"oh shoot. yeah i do. but i feel bad leaving you. hey!" he yelled.

"hi!" she yelled back.

"would you wanna sit in the discord call with us? you don't have to unmute obviously, i just don't want you to be alone tonight." he booted up his computer.

"i'd love that. i'll text you my discord. goodbye karl. thank you again for tonight." she smiled.

"anytime row."

rowan
rowrow #2454