Chapter 13

The next several weeks were normal. I did well in all my classes and helped my fellow Hufflepuffs with their studies. It was soon apparent that I knew my stuff, and my study group was growing. It now consisted of Susan, Diggory and his two friends Randall and Henderson, Fletchley, Perks, Neville, and even some Slytherins. Among them were Malfoy, Greengrass, Parkinson, Nott and Blaise.

If anyone noticed that this group seemed a bit different (Slytherins were not known to associate with Puffs often) then no one commented on it. Except Weasley. I had to dodge his advances several times and more than once I had to get someone to help me to get him to leave me alone. I almost never went alone anywhere anymore.

I didn't realize how often I was with him in my past life. How persistent he was. His stalker tendencies were actually frightening. I had the whole Hufflepuff house backing me though, and several Slytherins and even a few Gryffindors were appalled at what was happening with their housemate. (Especially the twins)

Finally, it was Halloween night, and everyone was in the Hall eating when Quirrell burst through the doors yelling, "Troll! Troll in the dungeon! Thought you ought to know." Then he feinted. I knew it was fake, but I kept my face appropriately shocked.

Dumbledore called out, "Prefects, lead your Houses back to the dormitories immediately!" And then him and the rest of the teachers rushed out. I noticed Quirrell was gone, but didn't comment on it.

Our Prefect shouted, "All right everyone! Let's go!"

I stood up and shouted, "Wait!" Everyone looked at me and I said, "The professor said that the troll was in the dungeons. That's where our house is."

The Prefect paled and said, "You're right. What were we thinking? Thank you Potter. All right, everyone. We're going to stay here and wait until the teacher's have dealt with this."

I could see the Slytherins look at us and they all conversed quietly before calmly sitting down at their table as well. I smiled at Malfoy, giving him a relieved look that they weren't going down there. He just snorted.

It was about ten minutes later that the teachers had come back into the Great Hall and Dumbledore looked angry, "Why are you all still in the Great Hall?"

I could tell he was looking at me, but the seventh year Prefect stepped in front and said, "Sir, our Houses are in the dungeons."

Dumbledore looked almost stumped, and it was then Sprout said, "Well done students! I am so glad that you're all right."

Severus then drawled, "Yes. It amazes me that you all actually used critical thinking."

I snickered, and then Dumbledore said with fake niceness, "All right students, the troll has been taken care off. Off you trot!"

Without looking back at him, I went with the rest of the Hufflepuffs. Diggory and Susan kept close and Susan whispered, "Why was he looking at you like that Harri?"

I looked at her and feigned ignorance and said, "Like what?"

Diggory said, "He looked angry that you were still in the Hall."

I shrugged and said, "Wasn't he angry at the lot of us? I mean... I don't know."

Diggory then kept going, "He's always watching you, Harri. It's kind of creepy."

I smirked and said, "Does that mean you watch me too?" Susan smiled and Diggory just blushed. I then thought and said, "And no one has taken care of that Weasley fellow either. Not one single detention. Just so many warnings."

Diggory looked pensive, and Susan said, "I don't understand. We've gone to our Prefects. Should we just go to our Head of House?"

I nodded and said, "I trust Professor Sprout. Maybe the Prefects were just trying to solve this without a big fuss."

Diggory sighed, "But it shouldn't have gotten to this. You've never said, Harri, but why is he so interested in you?"

I looked at Susan, and she nodded, and I said, "I need a vow of silence first Diggory. There are things going on that need to be done in silence."

He looked pensive, and as we got to the common room, headed toward a corner with some chairs and sat down. Once we were all sat and relatively alone, he took out his wand and said, "I, Cedric Diggory, do so by swear upon my magic to keep what Harriet Potter says within the next 10 minutes secret. So I swear, so mote it be."

Susan and I looked at one another, and I began my tale to Diggory again. By the end, he looked appalled and said, "Dumbledore was illegally taking your money and giving it to the Weasleys? What for?"

I shrugged, and said, "I... I'm unsure. But I don't trust him. I've read up on line theft. This could be something similar. And not to mention, this is supposed to be the safest place in the world and suddenly a troll gets in? A troll? Those dumb beings?"

Susan and Diggory both nodded and Diggory said, "So he placed you with magic hating muggles, stole money and family heirlooms out of your vaults, illegally set himself as your magical guardian, tried to get you to switch houses, and looked angry when you were still with everyone else. Right?"

I nodded and said, "I don't know what he's planning... but whatever you do, don't look him in the eyes. He's a master Legilimens, he'll read your thoughts."

They both looked scared and Susan said, "But isn't that illegal?"

I shrugged, "You know, Malfoy said the same thing, but look what he's done to me so far. If I'm the savior of the wizarding world, supposedly, then what is to stop him from doing that to normal students?"

Diggory whispered, "Bloody hell."

I nodded and said, "I have read up on Occlumency. I have the gist of it and have been practicing it, but it's hard when I don't have someone to practice with."

Diggory and Susan looked at each other and Susan said, "Can you teach us?"

I just smiled.