𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Start from the beginning

It felt as if she were standing on thin air as the sound wave began to twist and spin all around her body, moving past her arms as it went to surround her toes as well.

Enola opened her eyes with a smirk as they turned bright hot pink, watching as the pink sound waves seemed to touch every part of her body before spinning out more. Letting the cool feeling expand from core to the rest of her body, the mind fairy's head lulled back as she felt herself fall back on the pink streams of sound as they formed a spinning circle surrounding her.

Then the sore feeling in her back appeared once again, causing Enola to look down and see that she was flying. Enola stretched herself out as she bent her back completely backward, trying to escape the discomfort. The pressure on her back increased until it felt like someone was jabbing ice into her spine, causing her to try and twist around to see bright pink wings that looked like an abstract butterfly made only of geometric shapes.

Enola's entire throat went dry as she reached out to touch one of them to only feel a wispy dew. Once her feet touched the ground, the mind fairy was speechless as she turned to see Bloom's own fiery wings, which seemed large than hers but not as defined as they brightly burned behind her.

Bloom smirked as she let out a light laugh looking at her hands, which burned a bright red, causing Enola to look down at her own to see the light pink whisps emitting between her fingers like smoke. Just as she was about to ask how this was possible, she noticed a burned one approaching Bloom from behind, causing her to reach out her hand on instant watching in shock as it reached its brain, causing it to fall down on its knees.

Enola was shocked as she watched the creature not move from its spot before Bloom shot a red streak at it, causing it to poof away. It was as if she was able to control it as she moved to do the same with the next one, her thoughts the same, making it stop its attack.

Both fairies worked in synchronization as Enola stopped them so that Bloom could harness her power and obliterate them. For anyone looking from afar, it would appear more like an elaborate light show as neither of the girls could truly be seen in the chaotic mix of their powers shooting down the wretched creatures.

Just as Enola and Bloom had finally gotten them all, their breathing slowed. Bloom fell to the ground as her powers faded away. Enola was about to do the same until she heard a growling noise from behind her. Barely able to get enough time to spin around, Enola let out a shriek as her hands went up to shield herself.

Instead of being hit by the burned one, however, a bright beam of light shot out both of her hands once again. This time it felt power. Unlike her other beams, which were silent, this sound wave carried over an ear-splitting noise, much like the one she had accidentally let loose that day in Dowling's class. The beam hit the burned one right in its chest before exploding like Bloom had done to the others.

Enola fell to her knees as her powers let out, causing Bloom to run and help her up before she stopped as well, looking at what the fairy was staring at.

In front of them, all the burned one's bodies that had been practically annihilated by the girls were now the dead bodies of what looked to be normal human beings. Enola had never heard of anything like this in her life, as she moved to touch one, "What are they?"

"Don't," Bloom shouted, grabbing Enola's hand just before it touched one of the dead body's cheek, "We don't know what could happen."

Enola looked over to the red-haired fairy in agreement, dizzily nodding her head. Her eyes then moved up to see Dowling running up to them, but she couldn't comprehend what she said as her eyes began to roll in the back of her head. Just before she faded out completely, Enola heard the few words she didn't realize she needed.