Chapter 2: Saturday

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Tom" I say lightly before squirming out of his arms.

"No problem. I figured I owed you one after you came to the game last night." Tom explains.

"Well now you owe me another one because you wrapped your sweaty and stinky arms around me" I reply.

"I told you that I was at the gym" Tom explains "and then I ran here when I got your text"

"Fair. Do you want anything while you're here?" I ask.

"Do you have protein shakes?" Tom questions.

"No. But we have chocolate and vanilla shakes" I explain. Tom laughs.

"I already ate junk food last night" he responds.

"That's why I got the apples. You could have joined me but you were too busy judging" I say.

"Even the cashier judged you" Tom explains.

"This is verbal abuse" I reply making Tom roll his eyes.

"Okay well I'm gonna go back to the gym." He explains.

"Ew okay have fun with that" I reply.

"I will" Tom says before leaving the cafe leaving me alone. I grabbed my phone and earbuds and decided to listen to some music. I put on Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears. I started dancing around the area behind the counter.

"Welcome to your life there's no turning back, even while we sleep we will find, you acting on your best behavior, turn your back on mother nature, everybody wants to rule the world!" I confidently sang until I saw a teenage boy standing in front of me. "Oh sorry" I said throwing my earbuds and phone to the side.

"It's fine" the boy responds with a polite smile. If I was being honest he was quite cute. He had dark brown hair that was parted in the middle of his head. He had brown eyes and perfect white teeth. He had a little bit of freckles scattered over his face. He was wearing a grey sweatshirt with a flannel over it along with some jeans.

"Um what can I get for you?" I ask nicely.

"What smoothies do you recommend?" He asks.

"Well my personal favorite is the strawberry banana but I know a lot of people like the berry twist, the mango smoothie or the dragon fruit smoothie." I explain somehow confidently although I was probably blushing at the nice boy in front of me.

"I'll try the strawberry banana" he responds.

"Okay strawberry banana smoothie" I repeat putting the order into the machine in front of me. "What size?"

"Small please" he replies.

"Okay and can I get a name for the order?" I ask.

"Ethan" he explains. I nod and quickly began grabbing the ingredients for the smoothie. I put them all in a blender before blending all of them together. Once the blender was done working its magic I poured the mixture into a small cup and put a lid on it. I grabbed a straw and the drink and gave it to Ethan.

"Here you go!" I say sweetly.

"Thanks" Ethan responds paying me. He grabbed his drink before walking out of the cafe. Well I blew that, I would probably never see him again. Or so I thought. A teenage girl came into the cafe with a piece of paper and a pen. She looked just like Ethan but in the girl version of course.