Chapter 18: 2nd choice

You were still in the room that was off limits staring at the wall thinking of what to do when you finally decided to get up and go back to your room.   If I leave now he probably won't know and I don't know when he'll be back.  You opened the window before taking the bedsheets and pillow cover off the bed and tying them together then afterwards you tied it to the bedpost like you did before and climbed out the window.

Just like before you ran and ran without looking back until you reached a bus stop and luckily you didn't have to wait long. The bus was already on its way to the bus stop, you got on the bus and sat near the window towards the back of the bus then you took your phone out and decided to call Masaru.   All you could hear was the sound of the phone ringing.  Please pick up Masaru...please!

"Hello?" said Masaru after picking up the phone.  "Masaru it's me...can I come over please?" You asked him while looking out the window.  "Yeah sure.  Did something happen? are you okay?" He asked you with worry.   "I'll tell you when I get there okay?" You told him.   He said okay and then said he'll wait for you, after that you hung up so you could look at his address.

Meanwhile Takumi had just got home after being away for awhile.  He walked in and said, "I'm back." He waited for a moment to hear a response but after waiting he didn't hear anything.  Something's off.   It's too quiet.  Takumi went upstairs and just before going to your room, he saw that the door to the room that was off limits was opened.   Shit! I told her not to go in there.  He walked over to the room and when he looked inside he saw that it was empty so then he went to your room and after opening the door he saw the window was open with the bedsheets hanging out.

Shit! I bet she had that damn coworker help her escape again...he took my woman.  Takumi clenched his fists in anger while looking at the window.   Fine then.  If I can't have her then NOBODY can. He walked out of the room and headed outside to his car.

On the other hand you were following directions to Masaru's address.  When you finally got there you were standing outside his house, you took a deep breath to calm yourself before knocking on the door.   It didn't take long for him to answer it, it was almost as if Masaru was waiting right behind the door for you to knock on it.  "Hey.  Come in." He said.

You slowly walked inside while Masaru closed the door behind you.  "Can I get you anything?" He asked you.   "Um...water would be nice." You told him.  Masaru nodded his head then walked away down the hall to the living room, you followed him to the living room where you sat down on his couch while he quickly disappeared into the kitchen to get you a cup of water.

When he came back with the cup of water he handed it to you before sitting down beside you.  "Thank you for letting me come over." You said to him while holding the cup in your hands.  "Yeah of course.  So did something happen?" Masaru asked.  You drank some water before answering his question.  "I...uh....I found out he's been stalking me since high school.   He has a room specifically for all the photos he took of me and I went into that room and saw everything."

Masaru's jaw dropped after hearing what you said.  "Oh my god....that long? He's been stalking you for that long!?" Masaru asked.  You nodded in response then told him, "There was even pictures of me sleeping.." Masaru couldn't believe what you were saying was true and when he saw tears rolling down your cheeks he just quickly hugged you.

"You shouldn't have to go through this." said Masaru while hugging you.  "...I don't know why this happening to me." You told him.  "Me neither but for now you can stay here tonight." Masaru told you after pulling away to look at your face and to wipe away your tears.  Meanwhile, Takumi started driving after his phone pinged and showed him where you were then afterwards he sent you text messages.

Masaru was trying to calm you down when your phone pinged twice.  You pulled it out of your pocket and looked at the notifications.

TAKUMI: I told you what would happen if you went in that room didn't I?

TAKUMI: I found you.

You gasped after reading the second text message.  "What? What is it?" Masaru asked you.  You looked up at him then said, "He knows where I am." His eyes widened and his jaw dropped.  "How? How does he know? Are you sure?" He asked.  You shook your head.  "I don't know.   I'm scared...I think he's on his way here.  He's gonna kill me because I went into that room!" Masaru didn't know what to do so then he said, "I think he probably put a gps tracker on your phone." You looked confused but even more scared.  "Give me your phone." said Masaru as he stood up.

You gave him your phone then asked him "What are you gonna do?" He looked at you and said "I'm gonna take it somewhere else so that it'll update him and show him where you are." You followed him to the doorway and told him to be careful before he left.

You went back to the living room and sat down on his couch trying to process what just happened.  I put Masaru in danger....I didn't mean to put him in danger...please hurry back.  Please! You sat there crying your eyes out worrying about Masaru.   An hour went by and you were getting even more worried about him but then you heard the door opening followed by a voice saying "I'm back." It was Masaru's voice.  You ran over to the door and hugged him as soon as you saw him.

"I'm so glad you're back." You told him.  Masaru smiled while hugging you back.  "I'm sorry I made you wait so long.  You were probably really worried and scared out of your mind." said Masaru.  You nodded your head then said "I was.  I really was worried and scared out of my mind." He hugged you tighter while telling you that it was going to be okay and that after he took it somewhere else he turned off your phone before bringing it back.

After pulling away he said "You must be really tired.  You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the couch." You shook your head and said "No I'm the guest I'll sleep on the couch." Masaru shook his head too.  "No I'll sleep on the couch.  I want you to sleep comfortably so please use my bed." You smiled then told him "Okay, I will."

You went to his room and crawled into his bed then after getting into a comfortable position you fell asleep right away.

CHOICE:

1) Should you stay with Masaru at his house for one more night then the following day travel to the house in the country during the day
OR
2) Should you stay for a bit then travel at night to the house?