I stalk up the stairs and go into Matty's room to see what he's doing since I can hear Tate showering. 

I see Matty laying on his bed with a fresh set of clothes speaking on the phone.

"Dude, seriously, no way!" He exclaims to whoever he's talking to, he notices me coming into the room and tells me to sit down with him.

"Okay, yeah me too, okay, see ya man." He smiles and hangs up on his phone.

"Hey babe, did Griff leave?" He asks with such a genuine smile, why couldn't Tate smile at me like that. The closest thing that he does to a smile is a smirk.

I walk over to Matty and lay down on the bed with him. He immediately pulls me closer and tucks my head in his chest and starts playing with my hair.

"Yeah, he just left, do you think that Axel will bring me something?" I look up hoping to get the answer I want from my brother.

"I don't know baby, but if he doesn't, you shouldn't seem upset okay, or else he'll be upset at himself."

"Yes, I know," I answer while smiling. 

We just lay there doing absolutely nothing, but my brain starts wandering. If I get this jealous over Axel because he's getting married, then imagine when my brothers get married. Will they forget me? I'd still want to live with Griff, I hope Tate won't forget me. Will he?

"Hey, what's going on in that brain of yours?" Matthew asks amused.

Before I could say "nothing" loud chatter and laughter erupts from our driveway. I hop out of the bed and look out the window to see Griff popping the trunk of his car and Emberly getting out of the car after Axel. Axel? Axel!!! 

"Omg, Matty, they're here! Come on! Let's go!" I yell excitedly.

"Okay, okay, come on," Matty says smiling.

The closer we get downstairs, the more nervous I get.

Tate pauses his show running on the TV and runs his hands through his damp hair to set it in place. I latch my hand into Matty's hand and hide behind his muscular body.

The front doorknob jiggles and turns indicating that Griff is unlocking the door. He opens the door quite quickly and hauls in a suitcase, and behind him follows Emberly carrying her purse. And then, finally walks in Axel, rolling in another suitcase. An involuntary smile reaches my face.

"Emberly, Axel, welcome, how was your flight?" Matthew yells letting go of my hand to hug Emberly and do his man-bro hug thing with Axel.

"It was really good Matthew, how've you been? You look, handsome!" Axel exclaims.

Matthew rolls his eyes and says "Thank you."

Axel then turns to Tate, "Tatum, you've grown so much, I heard you're a star football player?" and he playfully punches him on the shoulder.

"I guess?" Oh, Tate, don't be so modest.

"And, where is the last Hayes, the baby?" Axel says loudly and turns to me.

I instantly blush and turn and look at Griff.

Axel comes over to me and picks me up in a bear hug, then holds my face kissing my cheek.

"Hi baby, how are you, you are so big and getting even more beautiful," Axel says sweetly.

Tate snorts at that last statement. Very loudly. Axel frowns and turns to Tate glaring at him. Tate gulps and falters his gaze to somewhere else.

"I've missed you Axy, I've been good, how are you?" I ask him.

"So good, Emberly couldn't stop talking about you going wedding dress shopping with her and her friends." He smiles and looks admiringly at Emberly.

She squeals and runs over to me. She squeezes me and kisses my cheek. My eyes bulge and for a second I thought they would pop out of their socket. I whisper 'HELP' to Griff but all he does is just shake his head and laugh quietly.

"Oh my, you are so pretty, McKinley!" Now let me tell you something, Emberly looks like she's supposed to be a model or something, so getting that compliment from her meant a lot, especially without Tate's snicker.

"'Thanks Emberly," I whisper.

"Okay, how about we let Axel and Emberly freshen up, Matthew, take them to the guest room, Tate can you get the cups out from the shelf, and Kinley, come help me pour the soda. And juice for you." 

Everyone disperses and I grab the cups from Tate's hands quite harshly. I'm still a little bitter from that snicker he inserted into the conversation. Before I can walk any further, he grabs my arm and wraps his arms around my neck in a brotherly way.

"I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world," He says and walks away before I could even register my own reaction.

That meant a lot to me. That's Tate's way of affection. To be honest, I kinda expected that action from Tate. But what I didn't expect was what would happen in about thirty minutes.

Thank you so much you all! Especially to the ones that have added this story to your reading lists, or liked OR  commented. Stay Safe!