"Is that a compliment, Gaius?"

[Maybe]

Grant watched as the men began to materialize in front of him

"Sir, the 423rd regiment of foot is at your service, I am Lieutenant Matthew Wallace, and these are my men."

"Good to know" he said while saluting him back "I have a mission for you that comes directly from General Gage he has discovered that later today the colonies will be coming together in Carpenter Hall in order to discuss whether any action should be taken against the motherland. He believes that these colonists may intend to incite a rebellion, so he ordered you to fire upon their meeting room at half past noon."

Lieutenant Wallace contemplated how to respond "Sir, the general wants us to fire upon our own people?"

"The colonists are not our people, lieutenant, they demand self-governance yet want a seat in parliament they have rebelled over us asking them to pay more taxes in order to protect them. We must send a strong message to those who wish do harm to the motherland should be ready to face the consequences."

Wallace nodded to what his superior was saying before marching off with his men.

As Grant walked back to the inn, he began to think of what he would to the colonist in order for them to side with him. As went to sleep he knew that his plans would forever change history.

(IMPERIAL CALENDAR YEAR: 5th of September 1774):

As Grant entered the Carpenter Hall, he slowly walked into the room that housed the delegates.

"Who are you?" Peter Randolph asked

"Why I am Augustus Grant the delegate sent by the Georgia colony."

"Consider us surprised, Mr. Grant but if we knew Georgia was going to send a delegate, we would have had another seat ready."

"That is completely fine, Mr. Randolph I just came to voice my opinion if you would mind, I would like to speak to the congress as a whole about what we should do in regard to the motherland."

Randolph looked around to see if anyone had any objections "It appears that no one is objecting so let us hear what you have to say."

Grant walked up to where Randolph had been standing and looked out to the crowd. "I like many of you have come here today to voice my concerns on how we should respond to actions the motherland has taken but I ask you this can we truly call them that? When we asked for help their help in the past with dealing with the threats by the natives, they sent no one. In the last war we held off the French for quite some time on our own but when Parliament decided to send aid one could easily look at differences between are two fighting forces. At every turn officer in the British Army have sought to degrade our militias as well as their commanding officers by giving them lower ranks than what they have earned. We ask Parliament to treat us equally, yet they do not, they raise our taxes without our consent by passing our legislatures completely. Even now the British Army remains on our soil without doing a anything to help us push the boundaries of our borders forcing us to remain in the territories they have carved out. Instead they are violating our rights by forcing us to provide them housing when we clearly do not need their aid. So I ask think about this we desire the right to self-governance, yet the motherland does not want to give us this right. Our brothers in the Massachusetts colony decided to protest the unfair taxes and now the Boston Harbor is completely shut down. Our overlords from across the sea have shown multiple times not only in our colony but that they are willing to resort to violence. We must not let the events of 4 years ago and today be forgotten it is only a matter of time before the motherland turns its sight onto another colony."