| Chapter 27 |

Rebecca angrily walked through the halls and went into the washroom, not caring about who saw her.

She wiped off some foam remnants from her shirt before her phone suddenly started ringing. The urge to throw it against the wall and watch it shatter into pieces was strong. However, she saw it was Mercedes and she couldn't bring herself to ignore it.

"Yeah?" She answered, keeping it short to maintain her composure.

"Do you mind doing a deal for me?" Mercedes asked quietly, causing Rebecca to believe she was somewhere in the school.

Rebecca stood there confused, "I never do the deals."

Mercedes sighed, "I know, I know. But I figured that because you were closer with the person than I am it would go over smoother."

"Who is it?" Rebecca asked while running her hand over her face.

"Jonathan," Mercedes paused, possibly waiting for Rebecca to just downright refuse, "The stuff is in my locker, and he's already waiting behind the school."

Rebecca figured she needed some fresh air anyway, "Fine."

"Thanks, babe. Love you." Mercedes quickly hung up and Rebecca took a deep breath before going to Mercedes's locker and grabbing what she needed.

She walked outside and let the cold breeze swirl around her head before throwing her hood on. When she made her way to the meeting spot she saw the look of confusion on Jonathan's face.

"Hey Lucky Charms, you dealing now?" Jonathan stood up straight, from his previous leaning position on the wall.

Rebecca shook her head, and handed him the bag, "Just doing a favour."

"Same here," Jonathan replied, and Rebecca nodded.

Jonathan immediately focused on Rebecca's different behaviour. He knew she wasn't the most talkative person, but he could tell it wasn't her normal quietness.

Rebecca pocketed the money he gave her and Jonathan watched the look in her eyes as she sat down on the curb in front of them. He watched her pull out a lighter and cigarette from her pocket and realized something really wasn't right.

He sat down beside her and waited for her to come around. She just looked at him and held out a cigarette, "Want a death stick?"

Jonathan laughed slightly and shook his head at her dry humour, "Sure."

She lit the cigarettes for the two of them and leaned back on her elbows, on the hard concrete. She blew the smoke from her mouth and watched it disperse into the air, "Your dumbass friend got me detention."

"What'd he do now," Jonathan shook his head at Colby's stupidity, now understanding why Rebecca seemed mad.

"He ruined our chem experiment," She stared into the distance, "Guess he thought it'd be better to make an explosion."

"What an idiot." Jonathan twisted the remains of his cigarette into the pavement.

Rebecca rolled her eyes at the thought of being stuck in detention with him, "You're telling me."

She stood up, throwing her cigarette onto the sidewalk, and stepping on it, before shoving her hands in her pockets.

Jonathan slowly got up and had a feeling that detention wasn't the only thing on her mind, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Rebecca nodded.

"Don't lie to me," Jonathan cupped her cheeks gently, "You keep doing this to yourself and you're gonna explode."

She turned her head and looked away slightly to avoid tearing up and feeling sorry for herself.

Jonathan softly turned her head back towards him and she slowly placed her head on his shoulder in defeat.

She stood there quietly, arms still in her pockets, and even though she wasn't fully hugging him, Jonathan still knew she needed someone there for her. He quickly wrapped his arms around her and tried to provide her with some comfort.

Rebecca forced herself not to break down on the spot, questioning why she even felt so upset. However, she had a slight feeling that everything that was piling up in her life was getting to her, and she was determined to keep it locked away.

"I don't know what's going on," Jonathan whispered into her ear, "But I'm here for you."

Rebecca felt a pang of guilt stab right through her, and not telling Jonathan about everything in her life almost seemed wrong at this point, but she just couldn't bring herself to get into it because she knew she'd crack.

After some quiet hugging, Rebecca lifted her head and decided to stop pitying herself. Jonathan knew she was good at hiding her emotions, but he was seriously impressed with how suppressed she could make them, and something in her eyes was allowing him to see that something wasn't right.

"Come to the game tomorrow." Jonathan broke the silence.

Rebecca became confused, "What game?"

"Holy Becks, you really do live under a rock." He laughed and Rebecca smiled slightly, "The football game."

Rebecca's expression quickly changed and showed reluctance, "I dunno."

"Come on. I don't call you Lucky Charms for nothing." The two started walking towards the school entrance, "You might actually bring me some luck."

Rebecca rolled her eyes and let out a small smile, "Fine, but only to support you and Joe."

"Works for me." He smiled and after some more walking, the two parted ways.

When Rebecca walked back through the halls, her phone began to buzz again and she sighed heavily.

"What now?" She muttered to herself and saw a text notification from a number she didn't recognize.

Rebecca opened the message and noticed it was a video, she stopped walking and stared at it, debating on whether she should delete it without watching.

She knew getting a message from a strange number was risky in general, but a video was a whole other animal.

She clenched her jaw, cursing her curiosity, before clicking on the video.