Sorry? Why is he sorry? What's gotten out? Who told? How does she always know? Thoughts ringed throughout her head, filling her body with anxiety, rage and fear.

"Prentiss, have a seat." Hotch said, back in his courtly voice, indicating to the seat in front of his desk, next to her mother who already sat.

"What's going on?" Emily asked, taking the choice to stand instead.

Hotch stood, preparing to give the news to his girlfriend. "People have heard things, and they've gotten back to higher management, including your mother. Legally, Leila can't be adopted until you have talked to the next of kin."

'Leila. She knows about Leila. Leila can't be adopted until- wait what?' Emily thought. "Wait what?"

"Leila can't-"

"I heard you the first time, Aaron. Give me a second."

Elizabeth sat there, and although she was no profiler, she could tell from Emily's informal tone of voice and body language that Aaron was not just her boss. Her shoulders slouched, back hunched over, leg shaking out of anxiety, picking of the nails. "Why did you not tell me you were fostering a child, Emily?" Elizabeth spoke, breaking the tense silence.

"I wasn't prepared to." Prentiss whispered under her breath through mumbles, before looking back up at Hotch. "Who's her next of kin and why was she not taken in by them when she first went into foster care?"

"It didn't come up on her mother's medical records, but she has a 12 year old sibling. Isabelle Willow Renae Keys. Legally, until we meet her and see how she wants to approach the situation, Leila's out of your custody."

"How did we not know about her? This girl is 12, and has custody of Leila, a 9 year old?! I'm sorry but this seems like a prank." Emily snapped, as she started pacing the room, still picking at her nails.

"Garcia did some digging and told me. She was a home birth, no medical records at all, there wasn't even a birth certificate until 2 years ago when she went into a firehouse, in Wisconsin, asking for help. She wasn't alive for 10 years of her life, not that we know of at least."

"I'm sorry but no. This is not real! You're lying!"

"Em." Aaron stepped closer but the more he did so, the further she stepped back, short of space. "Emily, you have to trust me. You need to talk to Leila. Cheryl, the social worker, is flying in now on the jet with Isabelle."

"I feel sick."

With those three words, Emily broke down in tears, covering her mouth to conceal the sobs as they threatened to escape. This was all too fast. Leila was an only child for her whole life, no mention of a sibling. All her family members had died from mainly gang related fights, or medical incidents. This felt unreal. It was all too fast. So, so fast. Aaron, subconsciously, engulfed her in a hug, as her head rested on his muscled chest, hearing his heartbeat in order to calm her down - a trick he knew worked. She sobbed into his chest, unable to process her thoughts.

Elizabeth began to stand, feeling as if she was interrupting a moment between the two and made her way out of the room. As she opened the door, Morgan's head shot up and his crossed over legs flung off of Emily's desk as he threw the rubber band ball in Reid's direction and hit him on the head. Wailed sobs sang through the bullpen in the small time the door was open, immediately grabbing both the men's full attention. Elizabeth stood by the door, as if she was blocking it off from any unwanted intruders, like a guard.

"What just happened?" Morgan said, a little too loud, but mainly at Reid.

"No clue." He whispered back, flinging the rubber band ball between his hands.