"Guys, stop fighting! You guys are both in bad condition and oughta get yourselves to the doctor since you're both out."

Nobara gasped at his neutral stance, her eyes furrowed at him.

"Oi, I thought you hate her as much as I do! You and I want her to shut up, right?"

Kei sighed at that,

"Well.." He looks at Mai, who innocently smiles at him.

"Her and I actually had an argument of our own while you were unconscious..but after that, I realized there isn't a point in being enemies."

"So, we're friends now, see!" Mai chimes in, wrapping her hands around his arm, almost clinging to him.

'What a rat!' Nobara shouted to herself.

"Or at least, trying to be on good terms now." Kei added, shifted a little to slightly untangle her hands away.

Nobara frowned but tried to act like it didn't bother her directly,

"Hm..okay." She said, sounding a bit hesitant.

"Soooo, what I'm saying is that both you and Mai can do the same." Kei said, "We're all jujutsu sorcerers, no? I think we should focus on the real enemies at hand."

"At least tell me that Momo girl is not in this fight still?"

Kei's smile widened at that,

"Pfft, you know what I did? I sent her broom so far away, I bet the poor girl is still trying to find it!"

The tension broke when both Kei and Nobara covered their mouths, trying not to laugh so hard in front of Mai. But it failed so badly as they did and Mai started to whine,

Keii, are you serious?" She complains and the blonde just looks at her, a teasing expression on him.

"What, it's the Kyoto event! I had to give my all, didn't I?"

Touche.

Suddenly, his phone rings and it's from Toge Inumaki. Before he picks it up, he looks at both girls.

"Okay guys, I gots to go! I'm still in the game. Get yourselves patched up." He then shakes a finger at them,

"And please.. don't tear each other apart when I leave.."

"You got this, Kei!" Nobara exclaimed with an encouraging smile, "It'll be over soon and we can both celebrate together afterwards."

The two high five and Kei looks into her eyes with a bright smile, keeping their hands in place.

"Count on it!" He says. "TEAM TOKYO!" He shouts, waving them off as he descends into the forest again.

The two girls there remain silent.

Nobara's happy visage disappears so fast,, faster than one of Mai's bullets, now looking at the other girl with annoyance.

"So..you guys are all buddy buddy now, huh?"

"You can say that." Mai responds, her arms crossed against her chest.

"What did you do, suck his dick or something?" She joked, not expecting the response she would get soon after.

"No. But maybe I will after this is all over."

"You're freakin crazy."

Mai smirks at the girl,

"You seem to not understand, little girl. So let me explain.." She continues, "Kei and I made up. My whole life, I've been nothing but jealous of him and Maki for being talented sorcerers, but now I realize there was no point in acting like that."

"At least you admit you're a total bitch. But why so interested in Kei? You've been so toxic to the guy and knowing him, he doesn't see you that way.."

"Kei has given me a new purpose," Mai says, now looking at Nobara, "I once tried to be like him or my sister, but now, I will be my own person and be strong, in my way."

"But hearing him help me has made things clear to me: I love him. In fact, I liked him many times but my jealousy and family crap got the best of me. I'm not expecting Kei to like me right away, but eventually he will."

Nobara raises her voice at her, angry by her bullshit.

"NO! Just because you had a shitty life doesn't excuse anything! I know Kei tries to be nice and have sympathy for many people but me? I don't care about what you went through, okay? Cut that bullshit! I don't think you're a good match for him."

Mai looks at her curiously,

"And who's a good match for him? You?"

Nobara remains quiet from that. She tries to shoot back more harsh words at her, but nothing comes out.

Mai looks at her as if she found a revelation.

"Oh my god," She breathes out, "You like him too, don't you?"

She dryly laughs at that,

"It all made sense before but this, oh, this just confirms it all."

"He's not going to choose you." Nobara still stands with what she said. She then goes and picks up her hammer and other tools, before departing to the medical bay.

"So what now?" Mai asked, "Are you and I going to fight for him?"

Nobara rolls her eyes at that, almost wanting to puke when she said they were going to fight over Kei.

"Grow the fuck up," Nobara shakes her head at her. "I'm not fighting over some dude, that's pointless."

Mai scoffed,

"It's not some dude. This is Kei, we're talking about. If you like him so much, I have to know."

"Even so, fighting for that is childish. My feelings for him aren't going to change, unless he makes that decision." Nobara confirms, "But I know Kei, he's smart. And I know he ain't going to fall for some crazy girl like you."

She starts to walk away from her, not batting an eye at the Kyoto girl.

"And don't bother walking with me. I can take care of myself." 

--

Author-chan: uhh...yeahhh that was a cheery chapter for today! Hope you guys like it! AND DON'T FORGETT to vote and comment on what you think about this chapter! I'd love to know!

Kei: Hey Rini, what did I miss?

Author-chan: You missed alot, dear. Probably for the best..