I eventually found the girl in the kitchen. She was talking to Jade. We made eye contact briefly.

"Jay, I'm going to get something from my car." She mumbled, walking away from her friend and brushing my shoulder on accident as she passed by. A jolt of electricity shot up my arm. Before I thought about it, I was following the mystery girl to her car. She met my eyes again just before the lift door closed. I stuck my foot in the small crack and the doors opened again. I stepped in.

"I'm Zayn." I introduced myself, holding out my hand.

"I know who you are." She snapped bitterly. I took my hand back, seeing that she didn't intend on shaking it.

"So I'm guessing you aren't a fan?" I assumed sadly.

"Not anymore." She spat.

"Any reason you're being so rude to me?" I inquired. She stared at me in what seemed to be disbelief.

"I have a reason to." She retorted. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "Maybe this name will help you remember something. Emma? Emma Levine? Does that sound familiar?" She asked.

Emma. Emma Levine. Emma Danielle Levine. The girl I had a crush on my entire life. The girl who was my biggest fan during the X-Factor days. The girl who used to have chocolate brown wavy hair. Now it was replaced with bleach blonde, perfectly straight hair. She still had her crystal blue eyes, but I didn't see the sparkle anymore. She definitely got taller and way skinnier. Her skin was tanned more than it used to be, but it wasn't because of tanning beds.

"Emma?!" I exclaimed. "What the bloody hell are you doing in New York?! And why are you at a party?!"

"It's not like you care." She rolled her eyes. The lift door opened and she immediately walked out.

"Hey, I'm sorry, okay?" I said before I could stop myself. She kept going, so I grabbed her arm.

"Let go of me!" She yelled, pulling away. I looked at her with pleading eyes. "What do you want with me?"

"I need to apologize and ask you a couple questions. Please, Emma." I begged over and over. She finally gave in. "Can we do it in your car, so we're alone and it's quiet?" I asked. She silently lead me to a silver car and opened the driver's seat. I got in the passenger's side awkwardly.

"What?" She asked bluntly.

"Why are you in New York?" I questioned.

"I got sick of Bradford and moved here." She answered nonchalantly. Everything about her changed. She even had an American accent now.

"Okay, why are you at a party?" I continued questioning.

"Who says I can't be at a party?" She answered my question with a question.

"You used to hate alcohol." I pointed out.

"And you used to not be a douche."

"Hey, I'm not a douche!" I retorted defensively. "What did you do to your hair?" I asked.

"I dyed it, dumb ass." She spat.

"The Emma I knew never swore." I said, staring into her blue eyes.

"You don't know me anymore. I left that girl back in Bradford." She said and opened her car door.

"Em, please just talk to me." I begged.

"No, go away. I don't want anything to do with you." She sternly replied and added, "Now get the hell out of my car." I frowned but obeyed. "And don't ever talk to me again."

*flashback*

"Do you really wanna try it?" Emma asked. I nodded, thought not very sure myself. We both stared at the little Dixie cups with a few gulps of wine in them. For eleven-year-olds, this was pretty epic. We were about to drink our first wine ever. Of course, my parents didn't know. We had to sneak it out of the refrigerator secretly. I couldn't wait to tell the kids at school about this.

"I'm nervous." I mumbled honestly. She nodded, agreeing with me. "On three?"

"Sounds good." She said.

"One..." I began counting, "Two... Three."

Both of us drank the red wine. She spit hers back in the cup, but I didn't. It was actually pretty good. I laughed at her foul reaction.

"That was disgusting!" She exclaimed.

*flashback*

"Zayn, what if somebody catches us? We've already been to like four houses." She whispered in the darkness.

"We won't get caught, Emmy." I reassured her for the millionth time. She was so afraid of going mailbox smashing with me. We crept down the road in silence, until we heard police sirens. I grabbed Emma and pulled her into the woods. I hurried to push her frantic self up a tree, then I managed to climb up alone. We both watched in fear as the cop car slowly drove by, not seeing us. I let out a sigh of relief and slid down from the tree.

"Oh my gosh. That was so scary!" She loudly whispered, still in the tree. I rolled my eyes and grabbed he waist, helping her down. She was very skinny for a fifteen-year-old.

"I thought you said we wouldn't get caught!" She nudged me.

"We didn't!" I chuckled.

*flashback*

"Emmy, what's wrong?" I softly asked the crying girl on my doorstep.

"J- Jason." She stammered, letting out a choked sob. I pulled her into a tight embrace, mentally cursing her no-good boyfriend.

"What'd he do? I'll beat him up." I told her, sitting down on the sofa and pulling her into my lap. She didn't respond, but cried into my shirt. I rubbed her back and mumbled soothing words into her ear.

"H- He was caught in th- the closet snogging M- Melissa." She stuttered, still bawling. I tensed up, angry that someone would cheat on Emma. He didn't deserve her. She could do way better than Jason. I would have to have a little 'talk' with that bastard. There won't be much talking going on.

"Babe, you're only sixteen. You have plenty of time to find somebody perfect for you. Let Jason have Melissa, because you can do so much better than him." I said honestly.

*flashbacks over*

"Emma, do you not remember everything we've been through?" I stopped her before she could get to the lift. She gazed at me and I could tell she was reminiscing. "Don't you want to get back to that? Just let me apologize and talk to you."