seven

Meredith had waited two months before she was given to go ahead by Ethan to return back to work

Meredith had waited two months before she was given to go ahead by Ethan to return back to work. "thank god!" she hugged the doctor goodbye before she made her way back home as she had invited a few of her friends over to celebrate her coming back.

"hey!" she smiled as she walked up to her front door to see Sylvie, Cruz and Otis standing there holding three bags of chinese and two bottles of wine. "you three planning a good night or something." she joked as she let herself and the other three into her apartment.

The four made themselves comfortable in the living room, and they all caught up on each other's lives and asked how Meredith had been in her eight weeks of recovery. "it was boring but i got into cooking." she took a sip of her wine.

"we have a new team member, she applied for 81 but she was put on ambo until you came back." Sylvie gave her friend the update but she left out the bit where she was getting close to Kelly.

Meredith nodded as she took a bite of her omelette, "this is amazing!" she moaned as the three laughed at her. "have you spoken to Kelly?" the blonde asked her friend which made Meredith stiffen up.

"no, he keeps dodging my calls and texts." she shrugged as she put her plate on the table in front of the sofa.
Otis and Cruz looked at each other as they knew he was allowing Stella to get close to him. "so tell me about this new girl." Meredith smiled as she leaned back on the sofa.

The three told Meredith all about Stella Kidd for a little under an hour, and the blonde was impressed for her replacement. "she seems nice." she commented as Sylvie tried to think of something to change the conversation.

"i'll pick you up in the afternoon tomorrow!" Cruz told the girl as the three were standing outside her door as they were heading home.
"i'll see you then, Joe." she smiled as she closed the door behind them.

Meredith went into the living room to collect all the dirty plates and cups, and she decided to clean them now so she wouldn't have to do them tomorrow. "oooh baby, oops i did it again!" she sang as she placed one of the plates on the drying rack.

The paramedic stayed awake for another hour before she decided it was time for bed as it was her first shift tomorrow after two months healing time. "goodnight Meredith." she spoke to herself and then her eyes were closed for the night.

Around nine in the morning, Meredith's eyes fluttered open and she sighed at the new day ahead. "god damn, where's the sun!" she complained when she opened the curtains but she was faced with a gloomy blue sky.

"absolutely terrible." she walked into the kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal to start her day.

Around ten, she placed herself under the steaming hot shower and it always felt like she was washing away her sins. "i'm not that innocent!" she belted out the last word and then her shower concert was over.

"until next time!" she laughed at her own joke as she got dressed into a pair of trousers, a black jumper and converses.

The blonde dried her hair and put little makeup on as she knew it would be taken off from the mask she would have to wear. "why can't COVID go away?" she asked herself as she knew while she was away, a lot of things had changed due to the pandemic.

"oh darling! i'm here." and this made Meredith smile as she knew one of her best friends was standing outside her door.
"it's open!" she called out as she placed her blonde hair into a high bun.

Joe Cruz stepped into her bedroom and gave her a massive smile, "you smell and look amazing!" he winked as he sat on her freshly made bed. "are you ready for your first day back? pandemic style?" Cruz laughed as Meredith groaned and rolled her eyes.

"but are you ready to see Kelly? you haven't seen or heard from him in eight weeks." Cruz reminded the paramedic.
"i'll ignore him until i have to speak to him, i'm not the one who ignored him." she shrugged as the pair left her apartment and made their way to the firehouse.

Meredith and Cruz made their way in, and Meredith grabbed her bag from her friend and placed it in her locker. "hey kid." she looked behind her to see Herrmann standing there in his fire uniform.

"hi old man." she joked as she walked over to him and hugged him.
"how's Cindy and the kids?" she asked as she grabbed her paramedic uniform and went into the changing room.

"all good!" he called out.
"that's good." she responded.

Herrmann had waited for the blonde and the two walked into the common room together, "look who is back!" he yelled as Meredith walked in. Matt and Gabby were the first two to walk over to her, "welcome back." Matt said. "i've missed you." Gabby followed suit.

All the firefighters had lined up to give the paramedic a hug and say their lines of "ive missed you" and "welcome back" but Meredith hadn't seen Kelly or this so called Kidd.

Meredith mentally gave herself the task of checking the inventory on the rig to see if anything had to be stocked up, but she noticed the gear door was open. "someone is forgetful and forgot to close it." she thought to herself as she walked over there.

But no... she saw Kelly and Stella kissing in there.

"oh damn." she thought as she backed away slowly and turned back towards the rig and acted like nothing happened but she heard them come out a few minutes afterwards.

Kelly looked over to the rig and saw locks of blonde hair, and he instantly thought it was Sylvie but when he walked closer, he saw it was Meredith. "Meredith?" he spoke which made her look over at him.

"Severide." she nodded her head and went back to writing down something.

"she normally calls me by my first name?" he thought to himself as he walked into the common room.

Kelly pulled Matt to the side and he let out a sigh, "i think Meredith caught me and Kidd kidding." he muttered as Matt's eyes widen. "she what?" Matt whispered.

"didn't you declare your feelings for her but now you're kissing other women?" Gabby asked from behind them.

Kelly turned around when he heard that question and Gabby walked over. "don't say anything please!" he begged the female firefighter.

"oh she won't. i already know." and that voice made Kelly feel sick.

" I've been blessed to find people who are smarter than I am, and they help me to execute the vision I have." – Russell Simmons

A/N - i know! i know! haven't uploaded in AGES and i'm sorry! but i'm back!