Blaise Zabini:

Crabbe & Goyle:

Daphne Greengrass:

Daphne Greengrass:

Pansy Parkinson:

He then nodded and left

He then nodded and left. A few moments later, he came back in and said, "Lady Potter-Peverell, may I introduce my friends. This is Nott, Theodore, Heir to the Most Noble House of Nott. This is Zabini, Blaise, Heir to the House of Zabini. Crabbe, Vincent, Heir to the House of Crabbe, and Goyle, Greggory, Heir to the House of Goyle. Beside them are Greengrass, Daphne, Heir to the Most Noble and Ancient House of Greengrass, and Parkinson, Pansy, of the House of Parkison."

I nodded and said gently, "Merry meet everyone. I am Potter-Peverell, Harriet, Lady of the Most Noble and Ancient Houses of Potter and Peverell."

Everyone got settled and it was Parkinson that spoke first, "So Potter, how is it we have not seen you until today?"

This was a test. I smiled sweetly and said, "I was placed illegally with magic hating muggles." Everyone gasped and I continued in a blasé tone, "Imagine my surprise when I get a letter from Hogwarts, explaining that I am a witch. Well. I immediately set out to find out about the culture and customs of the wizarding society and made sure that everything was in place."

Malfoy looked intrigued and said, "You have good manners for being raised by muggles."

I said, "Thank you. I want to be a part of the magical community and doing so means learning about cultures and customs."

Zabini then spoke, "Are you still with those... muggles?"

I shook my head, "I rented out a room in the Leaky Cauldron and spent a majority of my time before school going over my accounts at Gringotts and getting a solicitor. We have been conversing via owl. I shall meet her over Christmas break, and we will hopefully have a solution."

Everyone was quiet for a time, and then Malfoy said, "So what house do you think you'll be in?"

Another test, "Well. I think I can be brave, but I'm not stupid so Gryffindor is out." They all snickered, "I like learning but its not my whole life, so I probably won't be a Ravenclaw." They looked more interested now and I continued, "It's either going to be Slytherin or Hufflepuff."

Malfoy sneered and said, "Hufflepuff? Why would you want to go there?"

I hummed and said, "Did you know that badgers eat snakes?" At their looks of shock I chuckled and said, "They are loyal. They're kind. And they don't snitch because of said loyalty. And they're seriously underrated. I have things I want to do. I am ambitious enough and cunning enough to get it done, which would be why Slytherin would want me, but I want to fly under the radar, and what better house then Hufflepuff? No one ever suspects a Hufflepuff."

I could see they actually thought about it and Greengrass said in approval, "Well said."

I smiled and said, "Plus, me being the 'savior' would put me in the spotlight if I was put in Slytherin. Dumbledore has severely wronged me, and I want to get my stuff done without his watching me every step of the way."

Nott actually spoke, and he said, "Too bad you couldn't be in Slytherin."

I laughed and said, "Honestly, your court would eat me alive. I'd rather have friends and contacts in Slytherin anyway."

Malfoy then looked calculating and asked, "What did Dumbledore do to you?"

My face turned hard and I said with venom, "He stuck me with those abominable muggles, he stole from my personal vaults and gave my money away to other people, stole family heirlooms, put me under potions and compulsions, and set himself up illegally as my magical guardian."

Everyone was quiet and then Zabini said, "That's fucked up mate."

The tension let up and I smiled wryly, "Yes. It took me most of the summer to get everything back and trust me, I got interest. The goblins took very good care of me." I then thought of something and looked at each of them, "Don't look Dumbledore in the eye. He's a master Legilimens and he will look through your thoughts."

Malfoy looked aghast and said, "But that's illegal!"

I shrugged and said, "So? He obviously doesn't care. Just look what he's done to me, your 'savior'. He's a hypocrite and I for one am going to study Occlumency so he can stay out of my head."

Everyone nodded and I smiled, "I am glad I met you all. You're the first among my age whom I have talked to in the magical community."

They all smiled at me and said their thanks. It was then I noticed that we were close to the school, and I said, "We should get our robes on."