1.

I stay in 'Mione's bedroom after walking back from school - I've done this ever since she left the household. I miss her so much and no doubt, father and mother do too. It has apparently been 3 years since she left to attend Hogwarts. I make my way to her desk, looking outside the window trying to look for a snow white owl (Hedwig) - in which I know belongs to the famous Harry Potter. I can't believe Hermione's friends with one of the wide known wizards in the wizarding world.

About 2 hours went by until mother called dinner from the kitchen. I refused to go knowing I was meant to receive a letter from the owl before even heading outside. There were no signs of Hedwig anywhere, so I walked out 'Mione's room, moving towards the dining room.

I noticed mother and father haven't even touched their meal, different than usual. I then took a seat, giving both of them questioning looks.

"We weren't going to eat without you dear, of course, all of this may be new to you but we just wanted to enjoy dinner together because.." - claims mother, while looking at me then to father.

"Because?" - I questioned.

"We've finally received your Hogwarts letter and so we didn't want to miss out on your reaction" - my father says, giving me a smile.

"REALLY!!? Blimey! I'm really sorry I left youse waiting, I was just trying to look outside for an owl but-" before I could finish my sentence, a loud thud came from Mione's room.

I excused myself and quickly walked to her room to find myself Hedwig struggling to stay in a steady position. I'm assuming the poor thing flew into the window. I open it to the owl flying onto the window sill equipping what seems a letter. Of course, I knew Mione would never miss out a single day without sending me one.

"Thanks Hedwig" - I say as the owl hooted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Y/n,

Sorry if this wasn't sent to you earlier - many unusual activity has occurred over here at Hogwarts due to some known criminal on the loose, turns out - it was actually Harry's godfather. Today was just so confusing, in summary. You already know the go between me and Malfoy, so I don't want to talk about it. I'm also doing ok knowing that I get to have a great time here with my friends, I mean, I've always known that. Anyways, how was school today? and for like the 568986th time in a row now, did your Hogwarts letter come by? I really miss mother and father, especially you. Send me a letter back straight after reading because my curfew has already passed and I don't want to get caught staying up. Loads of kisses and hugs sent to you and our parents.

- Much love , Mione xo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading all that, I was relieved to know she was doing ok. She literally got me panicking a bit earlier, unsure of whether she was doing alright. And like she said about writing back - I did. I grabbed myself a clean paper and pen from her desk, then started writing.

I finished writing all that was needed and gave it to Hedwig to send to Mione. I then rushed outside to the dinner table, which my parents were still waiting and letting them know about my sisters day. They were also proud to hear she was doing alright - mother then lent me my Hogwarts letter to open it up and read.

No words can explain how I feel about this situation because it's left me speechless - and on that note, I can spend more time with Mione and her friends and make them become mine. Teehee. After reading all that was mentioned in the letter, we got to eating.

"Well, that means, tomorrow we can head off to Diagon Alley to find all your needs and get you to Hogwarts" - says mother.

A few hours went by and dinner came to an end. My father and mother said their goodnights making us split up to go to our rooms. 'Ahhh, I'm going to surprise Mione! I can't wait' was the only thought that came to my mind as I slowly start drifting off to sleep.

*Hermione's POV*

I sneakily start roaming around my dorm waiting for Hedwig to arrive back. Minutes later - I catch a glimpse of white flying towards me from the sky. I knew there, Y/N had written back. I open the window for Hedwig to make her way in, dropping the letter on my bed while she fly's back to her cage mill for a nap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mione,

So glad to hear you're doing fine, as always - you honestly had me worried a bit. Like I've always said, sorry about you and 'him' - I want to help out but that's not going to happen unless I arrive there. Oh and mother and father are doing alright - living their usual life and missing you. There's a lot of drama that happened at school today, but of course I don't want to mention them because I have nothing to do with it. In summary, today was alright - like everyday, not really. Gosh I miss you! That's enough for now because I need to go eat already. I hope you get caught lol. Goodnight now , oh and of course - love you sis! 

- Y/N and our Parents . xo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow? "I hope you get caught" - Anyways, I'm also happy to hear she's doing fine. Not a day goes by where I don't think about back at home, including mother and father - especially Y/N. She's literally my best friend, even better - my sister.

Can't wait to spend time with her, here, at Hogwarts. I then close my eyes to make myself sleep.

*end of Hermione's POV* 

(999 words - completed on 12/2/21 , 6:08 PM)