CH59 - The Start of the Last Chapters - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Well, that's my son for you. " Atsuko commented on as she took a small sip from her drink.

"You can say that again." Shizuru commented.

Once the group was far enough Yusuke turned to look at the sky above. The night Sky had already fallen onto them all, halfway.

"Huh? When did it became so dark?" The Urameshi boy asked no one in particular, but he did get a small shrug from Kuwabara.

"Well, time flies by." Was all Kazuma managed to say before the group of females approached him and Yusuke.

"Hello." The Ice maiden greeted them, making Kuwabara's mood from earlies now became all giddy-and bubbly.

"Oh, hey Yukina!" He greeted her with a big smile.

"Hey ladies, what are you doing?" The Urameshi boy asked them.

"Nothing much, just about to head back to the hotel." Botan told him before letting out a small yawn that she managed to cover with her hand.

"Well, we better hurry, I'm starving!" Kuwabara said as they all began to walk on their path. Yukina chuckled at the human teen's silliness while the others just sweat dropped at him nervously.

"You complain too much." His little sister deadpanned, making Kuwabara cross his arms and pout like a child.

"Oh, gosh darn it Shizuru. " He grumbled under his breath. "Why do you always have to be like this?"

"Hmpf, not my fault you embarrass yourself." The big sister retorted as she breathed in from the intoxicating cigarette stick. The teen thug grumbled even more and act like an immature and hurt little kid while the others just chuckled to themselves, amused by the siblings interaction.

_________________________________________________________

My consciousness suddenly came back to me. As my tired eyes blinked away the blur, I found myself face to face with Hiei, who was asleep by my side with and arm around my back. I was startled by how close my face was to his but soon calmed down when my brain managed to woke up and take the situation in. With a sigh I carefully pried Hiei's arm off of my side and got up from the mattress and into a sitting position.

My gaze darted to the balcony window. It was already night time. The moon was up.

How long had I been out?

"You're awake." I hear my demon lover's voice from the behind making me turn to him and smile as soon as I met with my partner's crimson orbs.

"How did you get here?" I asked him while I rubbed my right eye.

"I wanted to talk to you, but I was also tired." Hiei replied as he got up into a sitting position as well. I hummed and nodded my head. Just then little Aki let out a chirp and landed onto my lap, making me smile slightly at the beautiful black baby phoenix

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him curiously with a meek voice, still a little tired from using the Phoenix of Light's Flame. That tiredness soon washed away when I see something I haven't seen on Hiei. He looked a little. . . unsure. . . nervous even? I'm not sure, but this is a first. . .