Chapter 8:Why?

Two weeks have passed and I still stay away from my best friend.

The only good side of it is that I have more time to spend with my mom.

I told her what happened she knows everything that I know and she has done everything she can to make me happy.

I love her, I really do but I just can't forget the disaster I've caused.

On Saturday she had planned for us a dinner out and we went to our favorite Italian restaurant.

The food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxing too with some kind of dark academia soft music playing in the background.

We finished eating and decided we would walk around the shop area to check out the display windows because the shops were closed. After a while I started feeling the night's cold so we started walking to where my car was parked.

The sky was the darkest shade of blue but it was lightened by some street lights. Some couples were here and there kissing .An ash blonde haired guy kissing a blonde girl pulled me back to reality. I didn't stop walking something about them seemed so familiar.

My mom enters the car. Right before I open my door I stop dead in my tracks.

- Danny?! - I shout not sure if I will get a response as the couple is far from where I am .The boy turns around and now I'm sure it's Danny .I can barely see his facial expressions because I'm pretty far but I know it's him. I speak again.

-Ashley?!!!! - The girl turns around reviling a wicked smirk. Is he serious? After saying that he is in love with me, I find him kissing another girl????? And more specifically Ashley?

-You are a big As$#0le Danny. - I say .And I can see him stepping back to create some space between him and her. Trying to figure out what is happening.

My body started to tremble and I had to put some effort in opening my car's door but eventually I managed to open it. I drove away fast. My mother didn't have a clue about the incident.

- What's wrong? - My mom asked

- Nothing – I replied. I didn't want to talk about it. I just wanted to go home.