Chapter 2

As he sat in the seat beside me I fumbled with the words to try find the right thing to say. I looked around at him trying not to make it too obvious but as I looked up he was staring right at me . Great , I knew I had to say something and without thinking I said "sup", why did my clumsy mouth have to deceive me like this, I mean "sup I'm Tori ", really is that even a real word ?.
"Hey I'm Joe ", he said awkwardly laughing at my word choice I mean could this have been any worse .

All I had drank so far was a lemonade yet I felt like the room was spinning . I felt myself slipping into a daze yet I knew I had to leave , maybe some air would help. "Sorry" I muttered in an apologetic tone trying my hardest not to be sick as I spoke and i staggered towards the club exit.

As soon as I was out in the fresh air it felt like a weight had been lifted of my shoulders and my lungs started to adjust to the cold, midnight air. I took a seat on the side of the stone,cold kerb and let my body regain strength to walk back to my apartment .

I had only been sitting there for about five minutes before I heard footsteps coming up behind me and with my luck it was probably the bouncer telling me to move, but I turned my head to see Joe. "Sup", he snickered well I guess I deserved that one, "so you need a lift home ", he asked politely. Although he seemed nice I didn't want to take the risk of getting in his car and I needed the fresh air any way so I replied "Thanks but my apartment is only a block away, plus I'm not feeling that great ", trying to match his polite tone . "Well I guess I'd better walk you then, although aren't you cold", I guess That was one of the perks to my "secret" I didn't feel the cold anymore. "Emm no I don't feel the cold much but I will take the offer of you walking me home" , I grinned although I knew I could never have a proper relationship and I was to keep my emotions off but it was only a walk, it doesn't mean anything.