Chapter Eight : Telling and Planning

I run to the waiting room with Peeta. I meet with the others and drag my mom and prim out.

"Woah! What are we doing Katniss? What about Finnick?" My mom says.

"He is okay. We are not. We have to leave town. Quickly. They can't find out." I say really fast. By now I am dragging them.

"Katniss stop it right now! Who is they!? Why do we have to leave!? And what is wrong with you? You seem.....troubled. " my mom says.

I have to tell them now. I swallow my fear and just spit it out.

"Mom I lied. I'm an animal...a monster......a vampire!" She looks at me with horror as my eyes glow red and my fangs pop out. Mom covers Prims eyes and backs away. I start to cry and drop to my knees.

"I won't hurt you mother. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!! I DON'T WANT TO BE THIS! WE HAVE TO GO! The police will get to us if we don't. I HURT FINNICK! HE IS IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF ME! They will get suspicious and arrest me and experiment on me. Now... I say we leave to District One and stay until the coast is clear." I pull out the tickets and walk up to mom.

All she does is stare. She then nods her head frantically and rushes us to the house. Without any words we pack up.

"Katniss. I'm sorry. I don't know what to do but we will figure this out later." This pulls up a memory. I never spoke to Peeta about this. I just left him.

"Okay." And with that we start to pack again. Mom talks to the landlord and we have to stay at the hotel for a few days. She pulls out a lot of money and stuffs it into a duffel bag.

We are rushed into the car and we put our stuff in. Before I get in i hold three fingers up and face them towards our house and whistle a tune my father showed me. (I know it wasn't her father) Then I get into the car and we speed of to the nearest hotel.