Chapter 45: Preparations

Start from the beginning

"Morning Molly!" I said.

"Morning dear! Now about the dress! We are going to buy them tomorrow!" Molly said.

"Tomorrow!? I thought we are going today!" Ginny said putting her arms around me.

"We boys are going today!" Fred said.

"Okay!" I said.

"Excited Ann!?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah!! I only just hoped if mum and dad were here!" I said.

"Now! breakfast everyone!!" Molly said.

"Hey Gin! Where's Georgie!?" I asked.

"He is with dad! Seeing where to put up the tent! He is the best man after all!" Gin said.
We finished eating and the boys left to go shopping.

I was sitting in my room. I decided to open the locker. So I sat on my bed and opened the locker. I heard a knock at the door. It was Ginny.

"Could I come in!?" she asked.

"Sure Ginny!" I said. she sat next to me.
I opened the locker and saw a huge box. I took out the box.

"Blimey! It's so big! What could it be!?" Gin said seeing the box.

"I...have no idea!" I said. On the top of the box there was a letter stuck to the box. I pulled it out. It was from mum. I read it out so Ginny could hear it too.

Dear Ann,
I know it's been hard without your dad, but you have to know this, he is not coming back. And I don't know for how long I may be alive. I am sorry, but it is the truth and that shouldn't let you spoil you future.
Fred is a good guy. He will look after you. I know you both like each other. I even know you both are going to get married in the future. I'd love to be at your wedding but I doubt it.
By the time you get married, I know you would have known who you actually are. I want you to use your real name, Roxanne and not Mia. Read this out to Fred, Molly and Arthur.

Freddie,
Look after my daughter for me. I know she'll be safe and happy with you. Have a wonderful life ahead.

Dear Molly and Arthur,
Thank you for always being for us. I can never imagine what I would have done without you. I will forever be in your debt.

Mia dear, I always wanted to pick your wedding dress, so I have selected this dress. You'll find it in this box. Hope you like it. In case you don't like it, you can always choose your own dress. You'll find some money in this locker and in case you want more, you could always go to Gringotts. I have kept the key in the money bag. Don't think we didn't leave you with anything.

Have a lovely life ahead darling.

Love,
Mum.

My eyes began to well up as I read the letter. She knew she would die. Ginny pulled me into hug.

"Ginny, Mia! Hermione is here!" I heard Molly saying.

"Mum!! Come up here!" Ginny said.

Molly and Hermione came up and saw me crying. They didn't say anything, but sit next to me. I held the letter tight and continued to cry.

"I think we should look at the dress, don't you think!?" Ginny said.
I nodded and took the box and opened it. It was a white gown. I stood up and took out the whole dress out of the box. It was lovely.

"It's beautiful!" Hermione and Ginny said.

"Carol always had her style!" Molly said.

"Simple but elegant!"I said looking at it.