"I think I love you, kei"

Start from the beginning

Kei looks at her with a frown and Mai darkly chuckles,

"You should smile, you know," She weeps. "You ended up being the better person than me. For years, I projected all my hate and anger towards you like you were the problem, but the real problem was me all along!"

Kei lets her pour her heart out,

"He said the truth," She refers to Naobito, head of Zenin, "I'm so useless and nothing more!!"

"That's not true-"

"DON'T YOU DARE ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME!" She screams, shutting him down completely. Kei shivered, his mouth slightly agape. He closes it, realizing she was just going to rant more.

"Y-You just don't get it! I'm part of the Zenin family. They treat women like me like shit. My parents never said 'I love you' or kissed me to bed, nothing of the sorts!" She complained, then suddenly she threw her revolver.

"I go through so much pain and you, you-just act so damn perfect, don't you? It's like you don't have any problems at all and I HATE YOU FOR IT!"

Kei's eyes snapped wide open,

"No problems? Are you fuckin shitting me right now, Mai?!" He cussed out and Mai continued.

She now stood up and walked straight towards him, their faces so inches close to each other.

"Yes you! You've been nothing but act perfect and everyone always talks about you. Even if you're in that damn wheelchair, people still like you!"

Kei's voice grew louder, trembling in his words.

"You have NO IDEA what I had to endure!" Kei shouts into her face, "You think you're the only one who had to suffer? Well let me tell you, Mai, everyone struggles. Life ain't so damn easy for everyone."

Mai tries to budge in but Kei silences her, making her listen to him.

"You wanna know why I became the way I am? Because some fuckin monster cursed me and I hate him for that because many people put me down after. A teacher told me I wasn't going to be a beneficial worker to society, kids would bully me and Megumi had to save me!"

Kei continues,

"There was not one day where I felt suicidal in my middle school years and not one day, where I didn't feel good enough. I told myself I was ugly and gross, just a deformity rotting away.."

Tears threatened to come out of his eyes but he didn't let them. He had to tell her straight up.

"And have I ever told you that my parents died? I can never see them again, and it hurts?!"

Her hostile stance untangled itself, her shoulders now lowered down and her shrewd eyes melted with empathy.

"I-I didn't know that.." She responded, looking down at Kei. His hands turn to fists, clenching in frustration.

"..You're not the only one suffering, Mai." He says now in a calm voice, "But..that doesn't mean your problems are less than others."

Mai looks at him and she's stunned by his beauty. She had not been so close to him until now. Time felt like it froze around them and when she sees that sad small smile on his visage, she can't help but be mesmerized by his handsome features.

"Your right to feel what you feel, but there are better things to cope rather than taking it out on others."

"I never wanted to be a sorcerer." She confesses to the blonde who looks surprised by her statement.