ten

I want to change my punctuation

I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks but I'm drowning in ellipses.

Issac Marion

15 days.

It had taken at least 15 days for our swords to arrive, and now that it was said day 15, Tanjiro was practically brimming with excitement. By about 9 in the morning, when breakfast was already done, Tanjiro rushed to the front door. He hurriedly explained that he smelt someone approaching, and Urokodaki was quick to usher me to go see as well. It was likely both of our swords had arrived.

So, here we stood. The sliding door of the small cabin was pushed open behind us as we watched two figures slowly making their way towards us. One rather tall one, with a large hat that had dangling wind chimes singing a symphony with every step. The other, a bit stout with an even larger sun hat, though it had no chimes. They both wandered with lowered heads and large boxes strapped to their backs, warm-colored haoris on their torsos. They both held calm auras.

Tanjiro was a tad surprised by their presence, simply watching as they slowly approached, one of the taller man's steps being equivalent to about two and half of his companions. What an odd duo.

"Uh..." Tanjiro uttered, as the duo stopped a meter in front of us. The two drastically different people seemed to have separate auras as well. The tall one had a fiery red one while the shorter one held a deep purple.

The taller one spoke before either Tanjiro or I could, "My name is Haganezuka. I have forged Tanjiro Kamado's sword, and I am here to deliver it."

The warm boy beside me perked up for a second before formally bowing, something I copied as well. Once we stood straight again he replied, "Um, I'm Tanjiro Kamado. Please come inside-"

"This is the Nichirin Sword," The odd, taller male interrupted, already firmly sat on the ground and unwrapping the pack that was on his back. I blinked in surprise, finding that the shorter one hadn't even moved yet, nor spoken. Haganezuka continued, "And I forged it."

"Um," Tanjiro tried again, "Please come inside so I can serve you some te-"

"The materials for a Nichirin Sword are obtained from the mountain closest to the sun," The blacksmith interrupted once again, making a look of slight exasperation and confusion overtake Tanjiro's face. Nonetheless, the man continued and pointed at the sky, "Scarlet Iron Sand and Scarlet Ore. These produce steel that can absorb sunlight."

Having given up, Tanjiro simply replied, "Wow, is that right?"

"Mt. Yoko is bathed in sunlight all day long, you see. Never a cloud in the sky."

Tanjiro responded, but I was soon distracted by a tug on my sleeve. I shifted my glance down in surprise, only to spot the shorter of the two standing, long clothing draped off their figure and hiding any details I might've been able to pick out. It was a miracle they didn't hit me with that large hat of theirs. It was sure to nail me in the face at the wrong movement, due to them being just hardly shorter than me.