A pair of old ladies walked past.

"Look how cute the two of them are." Spoke one lady in what was supposed to be a whisper.

The other one shook her head, "I'm sure it must be difficult to raise a child at her age."

You let out a long sigh, "I'll have you know that I'm actually just babysitting her." Because somehow giving birth to a child when you were like eight made more sense to them than watching over someone else's kid.

The second woman let out an embarrassed laugh from having been heard, "Oh. I'm sure that you are, dear. We really didn't mean anything by it." And they awkwardly kept walking.

"I'm going to jump off so catch me, okay?"

"Yeah... okay- wait what?!" You barely realized what she had said by the time Kars grabbed her by the back of her shirt. The now empty swing swung back, nearly hitting you. You looked over to the old ladies to make sure they hadn't seen anything as Kars ever so gently let go and the kid fall onto her bum. You were starting to think you really should have demanded some sort of compensation from Jotaro.

When lunch time rolled around, Jolyne happily kicked her feet through the air while sitting in her chair. The waiter placed a clear bowl filled with three scoops of ice cream that had been placed on a brownie and decked out with fudge, whipped creams and the like.

"Thanks!" She happily stuffed her face with a bite. Seeing that you hadn't gotten anything for yourself, Jolyne took the spare spoon out of the sundae and handed it to you. As if she were the one doing you a favor. Even though you had every intention of sharing in the first place. You had a feeling she wouldn't be able to eat it all herself.

"Do you want to meet my roommate Santana?" You asked as she scraped at the little bit of melted ice cream left at the bottom of the bowl. You may have underestimated her abilities.

"Sure!" She leaned forward, keeping her voice at a whisper, "Does he know that you're a super hero?"

You nodded as you picked up a napkin from the table, using it to wipe off some of the whipped cream that gotten on her nose, "And he can see the same ghosts I can."

With her complaining that her legs were too tired and that here stomach was too full to walk anymore, Jolyne had you carry her on your shoulders. It didn't take long to walk the few blocks to visit Santana while he worked. You crouched a bit so she wouldn't bonk her head on the doorframe.

The Pillar man was hard at work. His shoulder length hair had been pulled back in a ponytail so it wouldn't get in the way. He smiled brightly while calling out the name of a customer before passing their drink off to them. He hadn't realized you were there yet.

You set Jolyne back on the ground, "Is there anything you... want." She had already ran off to look through the glass display case of the baked goods.

Santana's eyes shot towards you when he heard your voice. He seemed embarrassed to have you visit him while he was at work. "What can I get for you, Ma'am?"

You looked to Jolyne. She stood on her tippy toes to look over the countertop, "Give me two triple chocolate muffins."

You raised an eyebrow, "I thought you said you were full? What are you going to do with two muffins?"

"Eat them with dad later. Duh." She waited patiently as Santana used a pair of tongs to put the muffins in a paper bag and pass them over to you. Jolyne reached her arms up towards you, "Let me hold them!" So you gave her the bag while paying.

Santana continued to act as if you were a regular customer, giving a small bow as you exited the café, "Come again soon!"

School had just ended for the day, so passing by you to enter the café themselves was Yukako and Koichi. The latter having gotten a bit taller over the year and their relation having become much closer.

Yukako saw Jolyne and sighed, holding Koichi's hand a little tighter, "Don't you think it would be great to have kids?"

Koichi laughed awkwardly, "I dunno. Maybe we should just wait to think about that until later."

Yukako squealed, "I can already imagine just how adorable they'd all be!"

Their voices trailed off as you headed to the store on Jolyne's insistence. She really wanted to pick something out for Jotaro. She ran down the aisles for her search as you shuffled behind. She eagerly pulled a big pink dolphin plushie from the bottom of a pyramid that had just been made by one of the employees. You could see their defeated expression as it all toppled down. "I wanna get him this!"

Your phone started ringing so you picked up while ushering Jolyne toward the counter to pay, "Don't worry, Jotaro." You shifted your phone to hold it against your ear with your shoulder as you took your credit card from your wallet, "We're just at Kame Yu.... Yeah. Nothing crazy happened. We're both fine. See you soon." You hung up to be met with Jolyne's hopeful eyes, "Yes, he's coming here to pick you up." She jumped for joy as you left with the now purchased plushie to stand just outside the store to wait for Jotaro to pull up.

He arrived soon after. He left the car and pulled his daughter into a hug, smiling as she handed all her baggage onto him. He ruffled her hair as he told her to hop into the back seat with the stuff.

Jotaro then walked up to you, "Thanks for looking over her for me. Something else happened at work so it took longer than I thought it would. So I'm really grateful for the help. I probably won't see you again before you leave for Italy tomorrow, so I'll just wish you the best now." He pulled you against him, "Goodbye, (Y/N). Stay safe." He stepped back, hesitant to leave so soon, but he got back into the driver's seat of his car. Jolyne rolled down her window to shout out her goodbyes as he drove off.

You smiled to yourself as you walked back home alone. Ready to finish any last minute preparations before the flight to Italy the next day.