4 | this is why I loath animals

Start from the beginning

I blinked.

Okay...

"Anyway, I brought you some homemade mini cinnamon rolls." I looked at the dish on the kitchen countertop. It smelt aromatic and sweet.

"Thanks," I murmured.

The woman swept a stubborn strand of her baby blonde hair over her ear.
She looked around the age of my mother but her bright baby blue eyes made her seem much younger.

"Why don't you come for dinner, with my family tonight?" Catherine asked with a hopeful smile.

"Uh n—" I began.

"That would be great," Doris interjected, shooting me a glare. "We'd love to come."

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Just what I need. More interaction with these people.

"Awesome!" Catherine beamed, excitement in her eyes. Not taken a look at my visibly sour face. "I'll go and get things started then!"

She gave me a quick wave and left through the oak door.

I was overreacting.
It's just dinner with people I didn't know.

I'll be fine.

The town was full of fresh green lawns

The town was full of fresh green lawns. Acres of farms spread across some parts of the land and the other part of the land that wasn't inhabited with people in houses were beautiful vast fields and on the horizon were majestic mountains lined with trees.

I admit it wasn't what I first imagined as I was roaming about.

Okay, I might have overreacted about Creakwood and insulted it way too many times. Big deal.

I wanted to call Elise and Joanne and update them on my arrival before I headed back to the house.

But as I was looking for a damn signal, I ended up walking away from the houses in the neighborhood to the fields.

When my bars on the phone were stable, I found myself on a peaceful green hill. I sat under a tree and looked through my contacts for my sister's name.

Suddenly I heard loud barking sounds.
The ones that come from dogs.

I looked to the gentle slope of the hill and saw a large sheepdog running towards me.

I started to panic. My heart started to accelerate at an alarming speed and my palms began to get sweaty.

Fuck, I hate animals!

But before I knew it, the bloody mutt had tackled me and began pulling and tugging with excessive force on my trainers. "Piece of shit!" I yelled. "Get off me."

I let a loud screeching scream when I felt its sharp canines on my toes, through the trainers.

I began to struggle with the mutt, trying to get it away from me as I pushed its body with my hands.

When I finally managed to wiggle out of the shoe, I began to dash towards the slope of the hill.

That's when the bloody dog pounced on me, causing me to tumble to the ground.

I, on instinct, got up, surprised I hadn't had any perilous spine injury.

I stood a few feet away from the dog in an imperial position. Ready to Kung Fu the fuck out of the evil creature if it proceeded to attack me.

The creature stood low, growling at me. Its blue eyes seemed dilated almost making it look diabolical.

"Get the fuck away from me." I seethed.

Suddenly, a loud hand-blown whistle was heard and a deep, masculine voice called out behind me. "Dingo!"

The mangy mutt, on instinct, sped past me when it heard the (awful) name.

I turned around ready to give the owner of the monstrous creature, a piece of my mind.

It would mean the world to me if you click that star button!

Comment your thoughts!