𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐬

Start from the beginning

"So you killed those innocent people," Enola deadpanned, as she began to second guess their decision.

"That is where it gets complicated," Rosalind rose her finger up, "It is a natural tenant of the Otherworld that only fairies can do magic. The settlers of Aster Dell were the exception. They were humans that drew power on sacrifice and death. Blood Witches."

"Wait," Bloom began as she stumbled back.

"So when the burned ones descended on them," Rosalind spoke, her voice getting louder as her anger increased, "I saw my opportunity to destroy them both."

"They were still people," Enola scoffed, her eyes watering as she thought back to what she saw that day. The mother holding her child as she tried to sacrifice herself for her daughter to still have a life. She may not have been perfect, but she still was human. She still loved and was loved, "I saw it."

Rosalind smiled as she looked over to Enola, "That is because you were able to unlock new magic, dear. That woman's spirit was still there. She wanted you to pity her."

"So you are telling me I can talk to ghosts," Enola scoffed at all the new information she was learning about her magic.

"I am telling you what I have always said," the older woman smirked, "You are special, as is Bloom. You were able to connect to a spirit's thoughts because she sent it to you. But this isn't Casper the musical," Rosalind sneered, causing Enola to look down embarrassedly.

"If the settlers of Aster Dell were witches and my parents were fairies then," Bloom began to trail off as she tried to put everything together in her head. It appeared that the fire fairy had gained nothing in return for setting Rosalind loose.

"You're right," Rosalind nodded her head, "Your parents aren't from Aster Dell. You were kidnapped by the witches. Your fairy parents were nowhere to be found."

"Wait," Bloom said, as her thoughts were filled with a renewed hope for her birth parents, "My parents could still be out there? Why aren't you looking for them?"

"You weren't safe," Rosalind said, still eerily calm as if nothing ever affected her, "The power inside you is too great. That is why the witched wanted you to use your power. That is why the burned ones outside the barrier want you to, to get rid of you before you use it on them."

"They've been after me the entire time," Bloom asked, causing Rosalind to smile at the poor confused girl.

Enola was just as confused as Bloom, although it had nothing to do with her parents and everything to do with their power. Why was Rosalind so insistent that their power is special.

"Sucks to be special sometimes," Rosalind smiled, "But now you both have me, and that is going to suck for the burned ones even more."

"Why," Enola asked, walking to stand closer to Bloom, as she was still not sure if they would need to run from Rosalind, "How are we a threat to the burned ones?"

"Ready for trick number two, girls?"

Bloom and Enola turned to each other before hesitantly nodding, as they were unsure of what Rosalind would teach them next. The old fairy seemed to have a surplus of tricks up her sleeve that made Dowling look like nothing more than some little five-year-old teaching from a coloring book.

Enola wondered how Rosalind acquired all this knowledge, but also why Dowling was so insistent. She remains hidden as if she was such an asset. In the hour that she has known the woman, she has learned about two new abilities.

"Good," Rosalind nodded her head before instructing the two girls to stand beside each other, "Now, dig deeper than you ever have before. What you did to free me is just a fraction of the magic you both need."