𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

"What you like me to insult you," Musa asked jokingly, "Would that make you feel better?"

"No, no," Terra bubbled before she paused, "Well maybe, like my outfit," the earth fairy asked, fiddling with the ends of her green pajama set, "I made it myself...isn't that weird?"

Musa was about to open her mouth when a crash noise occurred from the plant-filled bedroom causing all the girls to snap their heads over to the room. Enola's eyes glowed pink as she heard Stella's thoughts.

'Shit.'

A smirk fell on her lips as she looked directly at where Stella stood knowingly before shaking her head. Turning back to the girls who were looking back at the broken pot in shock, "Let's agree it's green enough."

☹ ☻

Training continued for the next few days with the same rigor, as it appeared that their more basic classes had been completely disregarded. Enola had been doing support for the rest of the week after her stunt with Riven. Unlike Harvey and Silva, Dowling believed that the mind fairy should work more on support.

The headmistress's great idea landed her right next to her sister as they walked around the entire campus, stalking the students. Dowling claimed it was to check their morale, but Enola believed it had more to do with testing their loyalty, which would also explain why Dowling didn't let the twins out of her sight.

The only positive thing to come out of support rounds with Dowling was learning more about her abilities. The extra practice was going a long way as she tried to help Enola learn how to break through mental barriers.

Didn't stop Enola from leaping at the chance to help pick up some of the training supplies and put them back. The boring task of cleaning was ten times better than the mental strain of listening to everyone's thoughts at once.

"You really must like that big stick," Riven joked, walking up to the small fairy after dropping his exercise. He watched as she was spinning the stick in her hands as she walked over to put it away.

Enola's face melted into that of disgust as she spun the stick over to hit Riven in the face, knowing he would be able to block her blow, "I'll take that as a yes."

"Gross, Riv," Enola wrinkled her nose before moving to lean on the stick as she nodded her head over to his station, "Why are you back to individual training?"

"They don't want me supporting," Riven sighed, "So they stuck me to an easier task."

Enola's eyes glowed as dark and cruel thoughts filled her head concerning the school. Dowling had the mind fairy on hyperalert to the point where anyone's thoughts about the school automatically appeared in her mind. Riven's were no different, "You really don't like this place, do you?"

Riven's entire demeanor changed as he jabbed his finger at the girl, a scowl on his lips, "Stay out of my head."

Enola didn't react as his thoughts continued to enter her mind due to his weakened mindset. Riven's thoughts were mostly self-deprecating, so it wasn't a shock to the young fairy that he was taking it out on her.

At the same time, Enola hated herself for hew detached from people's thoughts Dowling was making her. It felt like every thought could be connected with some psychoanalyses that dehumanized the person. It was scary.

"Mind fairies," Riven spat as he walked past Sam, who was casually strolling over to the mind fairy, "Walking red flags. Good luck with that one, mate."

Sam stood with a perplexed expression, as he shrugged at Riven with his hands in his pockets. The earth fairy wasn't affected by the specialist's comments as they just rolled off of him. There was little that Enola could do that would change the way he felt about her.