Chapter 1

*Erica is on the cover of the story. Erica's dress to the left, Maya's dress to the right.*

Ringggg!" That was the bell and it was my last period for today. To make it even better, it was Friday which means that today is Maya's sleepover. " Erica!!" My best friend yells to me while approaching me with a big hug. I answer Maya with a small screech and a hug. "You still down for my sleepover, right?" Maya asks excitedly. "Yeah." I answer. "Well guess what?" She says with a big smile on her face. I hated when Maya did that or when anyone did that. I know it may sound weird but my biggest pep peeve was people asking me "Guess what?". As I give Maya my annoyed face she blurts "My parents won't be home for the weekend and is trusting me enough to still have the sleepover with you." I get excited, but then I remember that Maya is my best friend and that I can read her like a book "So who else is coming who wouldn't be allowed to if your parents were home?" I ask so easily. "No one." Maya says with a small grin. Like I said before, I know Maya. Maya tends to be more free especially when her parents aren't around and when her boyfriend Andrew is around. She was definitely the type to do the out-of-this-world type things and I think that sleepover can be the exact place where she does something crazy. "Ok. I'm taking your word for it." I say to her as I hug her good bye for the moment until I arrive at her house later. As walked through those school double doors, I think to myself about how crazy Maya could get. Maya will be the type of person to invite more than just me to that sleepover. Something tells me that this sleepover would turn into an all night party, but I shove that thought out of my mind because I don't want to think the worst of my best friend. "Hey mom." I say as I walk in the house approaching my mom with a hug. Next to Maya, my mom is my best friend. I admire her so much because of all the hell she been through and how she still managed to break through all that. After greeting my mom I immediately head to my room to begin packing my bags when I look on my phone.
Facebook:
Party at my house starting at 7pm-until. All fb friends invited. Girls come in cute dresses. Boys come in dress pants and shirt.

After seeing this I call Maya. "Maya a party, really, you wouldn't be able to-" I get cut off by Maya. "Erica chill. Everything will be under control. There'll be food, music, snacks... And drinks." When Maya said "drinks" I knew it was more than just "drinks" it was going to be alcohol. "Maya you're under age. You cannot possibly go into the store and buy alcohol." I say while packing. "My cousin Mason is dropping it off here and he will be at the party to make sure everything will be smooth." "Ok." I reply "I'm staying over after the party too because I already told my mom it was just a sleepover." I also add. "Ight, bye" and after that I hang up. A few seconds later I get a text message from the same person saying "dress cute👑✨💁". As I search through my closet for something cute I come across a beautiful short, tight,white dress with black lace on some parts. (The dress she wears is on the left on the cover of the chapter)
After finding the perfect dress, I hop in the shower and out in like 15 minutes. I put on the dress and then I put the curl activator spray into my hair and watch my hair form into a cute Jheri curl hairstyle. At this time my mom was watching her favorite soap opera's and didn't even bother to look at me as she said bye which worked in my favor because she would become suspicious. As I board the bus I glance at my Michael Kors watch which read 8:15pm. I start to think in my head "Damn I'm late." But then I start to feel better when I see Maya's house at a distance and see people just walking in. Finally, I come off the bus and prepare to walk in when I see Maya dressed in a nice black dress, cut out to the top. (Her dress is to the right)
She greeted me with a hug and quickly took my bag where I had my clothes packed. Then I opened the door and all I see is a whole lot of people. Girls dancing, people drinking, some eating. I was amazed by all this.