@Sevannah_Storm

1 Do you believe featuring in meet the authors has helped you as a writer?

Yes, it has, the point of any social media is to grow your audience. I am grateful to BooksbyLwordpress for the opportunity to meet new readers.

2 What genre do you like to read?

I like to read romance (specifically sci-fi, paranormal).

3 What's the best piece of advice you have received on wattpad?

Paragraphs, learn how to use them.

4 Are your stories on any of platforms ? (Instagram, twitter, amazon, ect)

I am on many social media platforms, but I have just published my second book, Xiaxan Fox, which is on Amazon, Kobo, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble. My goal is to have 15 books published, to start.

5 Do you believe being apart of the wattpad community has helped you as a writer?

Yes, I came to Wattpad in search of feedback. @DomiSotto was the first person to give me valuable feedback, and I landed a book deal with that story.

6 What's one story (on or off wattpad) that you would recommend someone read?

 Mm, last week, I would have said Plump Jane but since I am querying it, I took it down from Wattpad. My recommendation would depend on the reader's preferences: I love Inkoded. I am such a huge Blade Runner fan, it's a dark sci-fi mystery written entirely from the males' perspectives. It was also my ONC submission for 2020 and was shortlisted. Gotta get my confidence boosts from somewhere.

7 How is your latest story going? Can you tell us anything about it?

I am currently writing two stories. The Shikari is a sci-fi romance – a genderswap Witcher in outer space. The other is this year's ONC submission – a historical about a magicless woman who is accused of being a witch and burned at the stake. Her death triggers her powers.

My day-job is kind of crazy, so I'm lucky if I have time to write. Still, I try to push out chapters when I can.

8 Do you believe interview platforms, clubs, contests and organization accounts on wattpad are a useful tool to new writers?

Interview platforms, yes, the rest, no. I find contests/book clubs are judged/critiqued by writers who lack the experience. I once had someone tell me I spelled neighbor wrong. It also depends on the writer's goals: if they plan on staying in Wattpad forever, then yes, sign up for contests and book clubs. If publishing via traditional or indie, then find a critique partner who will be honest with you and don't hate them for it. They're a rare breed, cherish them.

9 As a writer, do you think its wise to write in more than one genre?

You tend to whether you mean to or not. A perfect story has all the elements. If you write romance and slip in a little mystery or suspense, then you're writing romantic suspense. If you write adventure but slip in a little romance...you see where I am going with this. Life isn't black and white and our stories shouldn't be either. Layers, my dear Watson, a story should have layers. (Totally made that up.)

{Click on the link below to checkout this author's profile}