@aprilhixs

1 Do you believe featuring in meet the authors has helped you as a writer?

It is always good to be involved in features and competitions as it helps you to connect with other readers and writers.

2 What genre do you like to read?

 I like to read books in a varying mix of genres. From urban fantasy to thrillers to horrors and comedy. I'll admit, I don't have a favourite genre.

3 What's the best piece of advice you have received on wattpad?

I had a reader discover that when I copied and pasted my work into a chapter I'd accidentally duplicated it. So, I was very happy to learn that so I could remove the duplicate.

4 Are your stories on any of platforms ? (Instagram, twitter, amazon, ect)

My first book Golden Touch is available to read on Inkitt and is also available to buy on Amazon as an Ebook for the good price of 77p. The second book in the series Blind Vision, is only available on Wattpad at the minute, and I upload a new chapter each week.

5 Do you believe being apart of the wattpad community has helped you as a writer?

Yes, I have met and made friends with other writers and readers and have the opportunity to do things like this, and enter competitions. It's nice to be a part of a community where you can support each other and I like that readers can leave feedback as they read and comment on what they like or don't like as they read and how they feel when a character acts or says something they like or don't like. The interactive part of it makes it fun and lets the writer know what's working and perhaps what's not.

6 What's one story (on or off wattpad) that you would recommend someone read?

I enjoyed Flashing Light by @kristiemarie13 on Wattpad and Match made in Quarantine by @katfeatherly also on Wattpad. My all time favourite book is by Christopher Pike, one of my fav authors as a teenage, which is called: A season of Passage.

7 How is your latest story going? Can you tell us anything about it?

 I'm working on book three of my The Reluctant sorceres series. It's entitled Cursed Mind, and I'm in the very early rough and ready stage of writing it. It could be a while until it's polished enough to post on Wattpad, unfortunately.

8 Do you believe interview platforms, clubs, contests and organization accounts on wattpad are a useful tool to new writers?

A 100 %. Yes they are. They help to meet other readers and writers and to promote work and gain experience. 

9 As a writer, do you think its wise to write in more than one genre?

Yes, if an idea comes to you that's in a different genre, go for it. You can always have a pseudo writers name to publish them under, like Steven King does.

{Click on the link below to checkout this author's profile}