Gathering my keys I made certain that my black suit was on point and headed towards the front door. Decending the steps I reached for the front door only to be met by my cousin. A darkened expression clouded his eyes as he pushed me back inside.

"We need to talk, now." He said. I fell speechless and quickly led him towards my study.

"What's the problem?" I asked, feeling my skin prickle from the anticipation of his words.

"Things aren't looking so well Dathan. I followed up with the family, further inspection and MRI's have shown that she has nerve damage and she might have to use a cane for the rest of her life. They are prepping her for surgery." Kyle said.

I sighed in deafeat and took a seat on my desk gripping the furniture underneath me. I hand't expected for things to spiral out of control like they had.

"Were you even watching the road?" He asked.

"I was, I saw her cross and I thought I'd get by, but she stopped, she stopped in the middle of the stupid cross walk! She should have known better, did she see me coming? She had to." I snapped.

"None of that matter's Dathan, the family is devestated and they are looking for blood, yours to be more specific. Just fess up, tell her the truth, maybe you and her can work sometihng out." He pressed.

"No, I can't Kyle, I'm...too affraid." I confessed.

A chuckle escpaed him as he watched me, I glared in his direction. He was having fun watching me cower. "Well, all I have to say is that Gregory has already palced her in the living room where she is waiting for you." He said.

"What?" I sneered.

"Tell her the truth, work things out." He insisted.

"You brought her here?" I asked.

"Go now, before things get uglier, I suggest you do the right thing," Kyle lastly said before walking out of the study.

Closing my eyes I let out a frustrated breath and pushed away from the desk determined to get this over with. I left the safety of my study and walked into the hall and towards the stairs. My gut clenched as I stood at the very top. I was dreading every bit of it.

As I reached the living room I witnessed her wheelchair first and the large cast over her leg. She looked tired and pale as I finally coughed up the courage to present myself. Everything would have to be on hold for this day.

Deep regret overpowered me as I witnessed just how awful she looked. I had done this to her. In the end it was my fault. I hadn't stopped to heed the yellow light. Had she seen me coming I am more than certain she would have ran to get out of the way.

"Aria, how are you feeling?" I asked.

She turned to look in my direction, her eyes were weary and the sweet brown in them seemed to dim as she rested her head on her hand.

"I've had better days, I wish to be in bed but your cousin insisted that I come and speak with you about something that couldn't wait." She said.

Gregory arched a brow and hurried out the room. I took a deep breath and walked over to face her. I was afraid she would collapse from how ill she looked.

"Yes, there is. Keep in mind that what I'm about to say is not going to be very pleasant." I said.

She inched closer to the edge of her chair and gripped the arms rest as she looked down to her feet.

"The truth is, you don't need to look any further for the guy who hit you." I said.

"You found him?" She said, a gleam filling her eyes as she stared up at me.

I rubbed my hands together and tried to steady my heart as I looked her square in the eye.

"It was me." I said.

Silence lingered and nothing could be heard but the heavy breathing that escaped her. I lowered my gaze and felt my brow sweat. I knew what would happen next.

"It's was you?" She said, in a faint whisper.

"Aria, I'm sorry." I replied.

"Are you? Why didn't you tell me the truth to begin with." She questioned.

"Because, I'm a Heart, and something like this...I feared a law suit, I feared it being plastered all over the media. Something like this isn't going to go away easily." I confessed.

"So you care more about your fortune than a life?" She asked. I could sense the anger behind her question. I forced my head to lift and my eyes to look into her broken expression. The action brought forth a memory.

I could recall the same disappointed and angered look on her face before. Had she given me this look before? I tried to rattle my brain for the memory as I stared at her. It was slowly coming to me as I watched the way her lips frowned.

I shook my head the instant it came to me. She dressed in a beautiful ivory dress. Her hair was lifted to portray an style that no woman now a days used. It was curled and pinned to look exquisite.

"I wanted my husband."

The words struck many memories and I pushed from my sitting position feeling overwhelmed by it all.

"I can only wonder what would have happened if I would have died! I bet you would have had me cremated in little to no time and scattered to the wind!" She argued.

Aria began to weep at the action ate away at me as I knelt in front of her. Something was happening but I couldn't understand it. I was growing confused as I reached for her hand.

"Don't touch me!" She snapped.

"Please, forgive me, I'll do anything you want to make it up to you." I insisted.

I had never begged a woman in my entire life yet as I knelt in front of her I couldn't help but fall at the mercy of her tears.

"Please, just let me go home." She wept.

"Aria, please." I said, reaching out for her hand again.

She wiped her tears away and scooted back unto her chair. Her face grew blank of any pain or anger. She simply stared out into the distance as I rose from my knelt position.

"I'll call for a taxi." I said, my head hung low.

I walked out of the living room feeling I had lost something. I was deeply confused.