(3) Sick Day

The room was unusually quiet, too quiet for aespa's little dorm on a Sunday. The constant whir of their standing fan actually gave Jimin some comfort.

She didn't know what time it was or how long she slept. She did know she was starving; the only problem was she didn't want to leave her comfy bed. Shifting to her side, that was when the leader knew something was wrong. Her body ached from her head down to her lower back.

Jimin let out a low groan. Did she sleep the wrong way again? That didn't seem to be the case. Aside from her aching body, the leader found that she could only breathe through one nostril and the inside of her mouth was warmer than usual. As if on cue, she starts to perspire along her hairline, and whichever body part was covered by her blanket.

What the heck? Jimin throws her blanket off, the blue fabric touching the floor. Her tongue touches the roof of her mouth, and she realizes that she's parched, too. Groaning once again as she sits up, she reaches to her bedpost where her scrunchies were usually put away and isn't surprised when she only feels one left. She'd have to remind Ningning about giving them back after using.

She pulls her hair into a loose bun, then slides off her bed. Wrong move, as her head starts to throb, and blue and green dots dance in her vision. Immediately, she sits on the edge of her bed, holding on to the mattress for support. She hears the sudden chatter of her group members, followed by the loud bang of what she assumed to be the front door.

Before she could make another move, the bedroom door swings open, bringing in a surge of cold air. Jimin shivers and clutched at her blanket. It was Minjeong who came walking in with her attention fully focused on her phone. She walks over without ever looking up, and when she does, she gives her leader a warm smile.

"I was just about to wake you. You had quite the beauty sleep." She reaches to lightly pinch her leader's puffy cheek, where lines from her pillows were imprinted.

"I'm cold and hungry," Jimin whined, leaning into the younger girl's touch.

"I bet you are. You missed breakfast and lunch." Minjeong caresses her face before bringing her hand down to her shoulder. "I can't believe you slept through Ningning's attempt at beatboxing."

Then Minjeong frowns, "You're kinda warm, Unnie."

"Yeah, I'm not feeling so good."

"Let's go to the kitchen." Minjeong helps the leader up on her feet and even wraps the blue blanket around her. Once her human burrito was all set, the younger girl stands on her tiptoes to kiss Jimin on the cheek.

"I can make something for you, or we can order whatever you'd like."

"I want ramyeon." Her voice came out hoarse, forcing her to clear her throat.

Minjeong makes a face while leading the older girl to their living room. "I don't think you should be eating any junk food."

"But you said whatever I liked," Jimin argued, "Please." The girl bats her eyelashes at the younger girl, who rolls her eyes in response.