ravenette

+*

+*..*+

you stared hopelessly at the other people in front of you, completely and utterly demoralized!!

you had your brother's old and discolored skateboard in hand, twirling it around as you anxiously watched the experienced skaters show off their skills right in front of you. you had planned to at least learn the basics of skateboarding, but now you were too intimidated to do so. how on earth was that even possible? doing flips and shit on a board with wheels.. no way you'd be able to manage one of those tricks without breaking a leg. no way.

your friends had dragged you to this skate park, knowing damn well that you had absolutely no experience with a skateboard to begin with. at first you hesitated in coming, but you obliged since you'd never want to disappoint the only two friends you had.

but when they left you alone to go mingle with some boys, you ultimately regretted your decision.

you pressed your back up against the wall, mindlessly watching your surroundings as a couple grade schoolers walked passed you to drink from the water fountains.

the skate park was packed. the sounds of wheels rolling against the bumpy concrete echoed throughout the whole area— which complimented the voices of what seemed like millions of high schoolers chattering amongst each other. it all made you feel uneasy inside.

was this skate park always this busy?

"ayaka, maki.. where are you?" you muttered the name's of your friends under your breath.. like that was gonna do anything. you inhaled, then let out an annoyed sigh.

you wanted nothing more but to leave this crowded place. you picked up your skateboard and placed it under your arm with one swift movement. your friends couldn't possibly be too far away.. right?

you stepped out into the wild, your off-brand sneakers meeting with the cool concrete that everyone skated on. and that was when you heard a loud voice yell in your direction.

"hey! watch it dumbass!"

you stopped your tracks and turned your head to look out of instinct.

your eyes widened when you saw a ravenette boy on a skateboard coming at your direction in full speed. it was as if sonic had escaped the video game and landed here, right in this very skate park. you helplessly closed your eyes shut, not knowing what else to do in that situation.

you felt your heart rate spike as you braced yourself for impact—but nothing happened. nothing hit you.

hesitantly, you opened your eyes to see a dark haired boy staring down at you with a terrifying expression plastered on his face. oh no, you thought. was he gonna beat you into a pulp right then in there? because with that horrifying face of his, it sure looked like it.

he held his skateboard under his arm, standing in the same position as you.

"you're literally the epitome of stupid if you think you can just waddle out here like that!this is a skate park, yanno? people are skating. don't get in the way." the intimidating boy lectured you with no hesitation at all. how mean.

"hey... i don't think i've seen your face around here before! what school you go to?" he said next, not even giving you the chance to spit out a reply. you stood there, not having processed the whole situation yet.

your whole life had just flashed before your eyes a few seconds ago— and now you were being forced into this awkward interaction with a boy whom you've never met! great.

"i, err.. i go to aoba johsai."

"name?"

what was this, a job interview?

"oikawa... oikawa y/n."

"oh- really..? well... see ya?" the ravenette replied awkwardly, which confused you, since he was just extremely confident a few seconds ago. you watched as he began to walk away.

"hey! get back here!" you couldn't help but shout out to him. "you haven't told me who you are yet!"

"kageyama. kageyama tobio. karasuno high-school." kageyama turned back around to glare at you once more. "it's best if we don't interact much longer."

"and why is that?"

"no reason. you just don't appeal to me whatsoever."

"hey!"

kageyama began to walk away once more, but this time, you raced up to him and grabbed his shoulder. he stopped walking, continued to look forward.

"kageyama tobio. please teach me how to skate."

"huh?"

"you heard me. i think you're really cool. and you can skate. please teach me how to-"

"no way." kageyama cut you off before you could even finish your sentence. you furrow your eyebrow's at the stubborn boy's reply.

"why?" you protested.

"do you even know who i am, y/n-san?" kageyama was already using your first name. it startled you, but your face showed no reaction.

"no idea."

there was a short pause before he spoke again. "forget it. forget this whole thing ever happened, okay?" kageyama walked off for the third and final time, leaving you behind— standing there like a total idiot.

even though you thought it was, it was definitely not the last interaction you'd have with that kageyama tobio.

+*..*+