Chapter 22

Addison POV:

Mads had fallen asleep in the guest room, and I was happy that we had started with the downstairs area. I walked downstairs to Bryce to see he had two glasses of wine, one for me and one for him. I hopped on the counter and took a sip from him. Bryce came inside of my legs and placed his head on my chest as I put my arms around him.

A: I'm sorry our night got ruined.

B: Hey, what are you apologizing for? Our friend needs us. We will have to wait. Maybe we wait until we are in the temporary house.

A: You think

B: I think Jaden doesn't know what he is missing out on and, I will have to talk to him tomorrow. Maybe I can say something that'll get through his head.

A: Ya, hopefully 

As Bryce stayed in my arms silently. I ran my fingers through his head, thinking about the way Mads was feeling. She had just found out she was pregnant and didn't even have the type of support she needed. It brought back memories of when I was pregnant. I remember calling Bryce a thousand times, but each time I called, he didn't answer.  I remember going into sway pissed, expecting answers. 

I remember when the boys told me that Bryce wasn't there and didn't know where he was. I immediately started yelling at all of them, and although they didn't understand why I was mad, they knew something was wrong. Noah was the first person to comfort me. He brought me into the podcast room, and I broke down. 

I told Noah about me being pregnant, and I had no idea of where Bryce was, which meant I was alone. I was scared. I couldn't even imagine how I would raise a child alone.  Noah assured me he would be there for anything I needed, and I knew I would be okay. Now Bryce and I were that people for Mads. And as scared as she was, I knew she would be a great mother.

As I was out of it, Bryce began to shake me slowly. I looked down at him, and he could tell something was wrong.

B: Your thinking about when you were in that situation, huh?

A: Ya, I'm sorry

B: Don't be. Things like this bring up unwanted memories. I'm gonna go to bed. Maybe you should be alone right now. 

Bryce kissed my cheek and went upstairs. I knew he didn't want to be around while I was thinking about this. It was hard for him, but hell, it was harder for me. I didn't want to think about this, but I completely understood how Mads felt right now.

*FLASHBACK

Addison POV:

After I had cried my eyes out, Noah called Dixie. I remember her walking into the room and immediately knowing what was going on. I didn't have to say a word to her. She assured me we would figure it out someway or somehow. I went back to Dixie's house that night, and she held me in her arms. 

I remember a couple of weeks later. I had told Tayler. I only told him because I kept canceling plans to go out because of morning sickness. At first, I expected him to leave and to be frightened. But, he told me he would help me. He would move in, and he would help raise the baby as if it was his own. As many times as I told Tayler no, he wouldn't listen. He wanted to be there for me in ways that Bryce couldn't be.

Tayler took me everywhere, and we found a lovely house we could move into. He set up the nursery exactly how I wanted, and he went to every doctor's appointment no matter if he had a meeting. He was really there when no one else was. But, the most awkward moment came when it was time to name the babies.  I knew I would give the babies Bryce's last name no matter if he didn't know about them. It was only right, but Tayler fought me and thought Bryce didn't deserve any part of the twins. 

*End of Flashback

*The Next Morning

Bryce POV:

I woke up alone in bed, and I knew Addison most likely slept downstairs. I quickly got ready and made my way to sway. I didn't want the girls to know about where I was going. After the flashbacks came up for Addison, I felt like there was something I must do. There were so many answers I wanted, but I was scared to find out. But, I couldn't anymore. I would have to face the truth in which I was hiding. I texted Nate to ask for Tayler's address. 

I don't even know what would occur when I show up at his house. But I wasn't looking to fight with him. I just wanted answers to what happened the past two years before I came back. I wanted to know the small details. I know that if Addison had known about this, she would convince me not to go. But, she doesn't understand. She doesn't know how it feels to be out in your kid's life. To feel like you don't know the small details about your kids. And maybe Jaden freaking out had really made everything real for me. I pulled up to the thriller compound, hoping not many people were home.

As I knocked on the door, Nate answered it. He knew I was coming and would be somewhere in the house if things got out of control. He welcomed me into the home and brought me over to the kitchen table. I knew Tayler would be shocked that I was here, but I wanted answers.

T: What are you doing in my house?

B: Tayler, I just want answers, okay. I don't want to fight with you. I want to understand things. And I can't ask Addison, so I hope that man to man you will let me know what occurred. 

T: And if I don't want to give you the answers.

B: Trust me. We will both benefit from answers.

*Ahh, expect either one or two more chapters, and then it is the end.