Chapter 20

Bryce POV:

We were having an amazing day full of fun with the family. I was on a high, and so was Addison. Our first party with the twins couldn't have gone any better. But, everything had gone out of the window when I heard that voice.

.... So I guess my invitation got lost in the mail.

A: Tayler, what are you doing here? You should leave.

T: No, no, Adds, I will not leave. You know why. Because three years ago, I held your hand and stood by your side while you were in labor. And where was Bryce?

Everyone was dead silent.

T: Oh, ya, he wasn't answering your calls because he had moved away like a scared little bitch.

A: Tayler, that's enough

T: Oh, Bryce, you have Addison fight your battles now? How adorable.

B: Tayler, please leave. I am not trying to fight in front of my kids on their birthday.

T: So now, you want to be a dad. A little too late, Bryce.

A: It's not late, okay, Tayler? He made a mistake, but guess what? As soon as he found out about them, he has been here every day. He's learned how to do hair, be family-appropriate, and like kids' stuff.

T: And, I bet he's been making you happy too. Right Adds? Giving you foot massages, sleeping in your bed, running your baths. I remember those days. The only difference is you never slept with me.

B: Alright, I'm done. You can talk about me, but you won't speak about Addison as if she is an object. What were you hoping for here, buddy a reaction. At the end of the day, everyone here knows that you wanted Addison, and Addison didn't want you. You want your props for playing a father to my kids. Well then, Bravo, thanks for taking care of Brielle and Beckham when I didn't know. But, your time here, with them, and with Addison is over.

T: You fail to realize Bryce. You are living my life. I lived in this house with Addison and the twins, and now so are you. How does it feel to step into my role.

B: I don't know Tayler. How does it feel to get kicked out

T: Fight me, Bryce

Finally, Addison had gotten the security she hired because she was scared something like this may occur. They were dragging Tayler out of the party, but he was not going down without a fight. I was worried that this wasn't the end of Tayler. And this was one of many encounters with him we were yet to have. I knew that we would have to get out of this house soon. It was for the safety of my family, and I needed my family to be safe.

After he left, it was time to make the cake. We had an outfit change—Brielle in something cheetah print. At the same time, Beckham was in zebra print. Addison and I had put on a much fancier outfit. Knowing that this was the big moment. We began to sing Happy Birthday to them while looking at both of them. We had practiced them blowing out their candles for the past month. So I was hoping that all of the practice had paid off.

We then looked at them, and they blew out their candles. Addison and I had made a smash cake for both of them. So we did just that. Then I decided to put some cake onto Addison's face, and she returned the favor.

B: I love you, Addison Rae

A: Aww, I love you too, Bryce Hall

I then kissed Addison. Forgetting a little bit that we were in public. Everyone began to cheer, and I heard the boys yelling. I looked at Addison to see her blushing. She hated public affection, but I rarely did it because she hated it.