Chapter 16

Addison POV:

After breakfast, my realtor had called, letting me know that there was this land she wanted us to see, along with a couple of houses. This is something Bryce and I had gone back and forth about. We hadn't figured out if we wanted to build or buy something that had almost everything we needed.

The house was a little farther from here, but it was closer to the sway house. This was something I was thankful for but also scared about. My moms, the house was only about 10mins away from here, but from the places we were looking at, it could be 30mins to 1hr. 

I told Bryce, and I went to get ready while Bryce got the twins ready. I wanted to get there soon before too many people showed up. If I liked the house, I wanted to make sure that I would be the only one there. 

I got ready pretty fast, not wanting to look too dressed up, but I also didn't want to look like a child. I had to make sure everyone took me and seriously. Bryce came into the room and was about to get ready.  He looked at me and was about to speak but stopped.

B: So, Adds, do you think that it's best if we do this house thing?

A: What do you mean, love?

B: I mean, the twin's birthday is in almost a month. So, I don't want us to be overwhelmed

A: Bryce, I have planned parties on my own. We will look at the house. It doesn't mean that we are moving in. After we are done looking at the house we will start planning the party. Bryce, we can't stop doing what we need to cause we have a lot going on. 

B: Okay, babe

Bryce POV:

I got ready pretty quick. I was starting to realize that Addison was really a super mom. She was able to do anything that life threw at her.  I wasn't that awesome yet, but I wanted to. I wanted to be just like her. I needed to be able to do multiple things at once. I mean, finding our dream house was already stressful. Now I would have to plan an outstanding three-year-old party. And I have no experience of throwing a kid's party. Which means I would have a lot of trouble. Plus, it would be our first party as a family.

I quickly went downstairs and grabbed the twin's hands. We went outside, and I buckled them up into their car seats.  I went onto the passenger side and opened up the door for Addison before going into the driver's seat. Addison turned on a movie for the twins while putting in the directions to see the land they thought we might like.

When we got there, we got out—both grabbing a twin to meet Addison relator. We walked over to her, and she introduced herself to me.

"Hi, I'm Emilia, Addison relator."

B: Hello, I'm Bryce. Addison boyfriend and father of her children

Emilia: I have heard so much about you. I am glad we are here.

A: So, what do we have here, Emilia

Emilia: So, here we have about 4,500- 5,000 square feet of land. Something that I could tell you guys is it sits over the mountain top area. Which gives a great view of Los Angeles city. It is also really private in this area, and you must have a house to get up here.

B: So, if we want the land. How long are we looking to build our perfect house?

Emilia: Um, it depends on what you guys want.

A: We want a modern, but yet family house with about 5 bedrooms and two offices. Although we only have two kids, we will most likely have more later. And even if it's only one, we will turn the fifth room into a guest room.

Emilia: What about the backyard

B: A nice pool with a hot tub. A playground, and an area with a bonfire and chairs for when our friends come over. 

Emilia: Okay, I think these are all things that can be done. But, it may take a year or two.

A: If we pay extra, can we get it done faster?

Emilia: It is a possibility.

A: We will talk about it.

Addison and I got back inside of the car to head to the house. We were viewing one of the houses. But, if I am honest, I think I love the land. I could see us living there, Addison and I watching the sunset while the kids play. I could see that for us, but I don't know if she could.

Addison POV:

The truth is, I loved the land and could invasion building our perfect home. But, the thing is, I don't want to wait two years. I want it now. I want to be able to move in within the next couple of weeks. But maybe I need two years.  I need to see how Bryce and I will really work before we build this gigantic house. 

We finally showed up at the house, and I threw on my sunglasses. Thank god, there aren't many people here. I grabbed the twins and put them into their stroller. They were sleeping because they had been running around on the land. I was thankful they were sleeping because it would help Bryce, and I really look deeper into the house and make sure it offered everything we wanted.

Bryce pushed the stroller while putting a blanket over the top so that people wouldn't look at the twins. That was the main thing that put me over the top whenever I went out with the twins. I didn't want them photographed; I wanted them to stay hidden for as long as possible because it's the least bit of privacy I deserve.

We walked into the house to see there were many people already here. It had been people in which we've noticed or have seen around at least once. It was crazy to believe that half of these people may be putting in money on the same house.

When Bryce and I walked inside the living room, we saw someone we never thought we would see. I couldn't believe this person was here, and I wanted to find out why.