Chapter 1: The End of YGGDRASIL

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Hey, Momonga

"Hey, Momonga....Long time, no see." Hero-Hero lazily replied to his skeleton friend, though he attempted to sound lively and full of energy. However, it was evidently clear that the ball of slime was incredibly fatigued.

"Are you okay, Hero-Hero? You sound tired." Momonga was concerned for his friend's wellbeing and wanted to ensure that he was well-rested. Though secretly, Momonga was actually hoping that Hero-Hero would be able to stay until the servers shut down.

"Yea, I'm just tired. Honestly, I feel how my character looks." The humanoid ooze slowly lifted his arms up, almost in a moment of embrace, to show off his slimy, slippery character model and enforce his lack of energy towards his friend. At that moment, Hero-Hero decided to inform Momonga of his plans. "Sadly I'll have to leave in a few moments; I'm already struggling to keep my eyes open."

When Hero-Hero informed his friend that he was planning to leave before the shutdown, Momonga was instantly filled with grief at the thought that he would be left alone during the final moments of the game. However, though he was internally screaming at himself to beg Hero-Hero to stay, he knew that his friend's wellbeing was more important than his own selfish desires.

"Oh....ok Hero-Hero, I understand." Momonga spoke in a solemn tone that contradicted his previous upbeat mood. However, it seemed that Hero-Hero remained oblivious to the undead's unhappy chorus that unveiled from his throat as he continued to say farewell before logging off.

[Hero-Hero has logged off....]

"Well, this IS the last day the servers will be running. Why don't we stay and...." Momonga prevented himself from finishing his own sentence as he watched Hero-Hero's character vanish from the large table, once again the only player left within the guild meeting room.

From Momonga's sadness came rage, as he slammed the white table before him in a desperate attempt to release his anger. However, from his actions only came more outrage and resentment towards his friends who had refused to join him during the last moments of YGGDRASIL.

"*Sigh* it's fine. They all had personal duties back in their real lives; It's only natural that they would choose real life over a mere fantasy game." Though Momonga attempted to use his words to comfort himself, it only caused more pain at the thought that his friends could truly leave everything they built behind without a hint of regret.

However, as the undead was left self-loathing in pity and displeasure, another loud *ping!* originating from his guild chat managed to break him from his trance. This time, Momonga was truly shocked, yet excited, at the notification that had appeared before his hollow eye sockets....

[Hasutā no Kokoro has logged on....]

As Momonga gazed directly in front of him, he saw a large figure draped in golden robes with a large, gleaming mask covering his face. From the creature's chest area, two extra pairs of pale arms intertwined at the fingers, which were adorned by multiple rings that seemed to exhibit a powerful aura that far surpassed even Momonga's power. This mysterious man was Hasutā no Kokoro, one of the only remaining members of Ainz Ooal Gown.