Subject of Your Dreams

It's been almost three weeks since Sapnap and Karl broke up. Of course the thought still left a harsh stinging in his heart, but it was. Fine. Everything happens for a reason. Karl had tried getting in contact with him, but Dream was there to remind him to let go. Which was funny, because after seeing Sapnap go from relationship to relationship and see that they're nothing more than friends. He just couldn't let go for himself.

Dream laid awake at night thinking how things could be different. Thinking how if he was with Sapnap he wouldn't feel hurt and neither would him. He would hold his heart as if it was made of glass. So gentle and caring. At least he knew how to take care of his heart.

Sapnap laid awake at night thinking how Karl generally sounded sorry. He had received a text from him saying how he felt earlier that week. Of course he had not responded, but god he missed him. He wished things didn't end like this. Tears started streaming down his face, while all the memories flooded back. "Karl why. What was the fucking point." The words he said came out more as statements than questions. Did Karl not think he was good enough?  Did he use him to get to Alex? Why did everything hurt so much?

That night Sapnap and Dream fell asleep with tears running down their faces. Same reason different people.

~
"Dream!" Sapnap smiled feeling his heart be overwhelmed with happiness. "Sapnap!" The two boys tackled each other to the ground in a hug, acting like two teenage girls. But who can blame them, they had just met back up after 4 years of college. "God I missed you so much baby." Sapnap smiled at the small wheeze coming from the taller boy. "I missed you too." Dream grabbed Sapnap's hand dragging him up, as he got up himself. "I'm glad I get to hold you again." He picked up Sapnap's chin before connecting their lips-

~
"Dream." Sapnap woke up in a panic, his heart racing at the thought of his best friend. The dream felt so real. It was like nostalgia. The dream was exactly the same as the day they met up..... except. Why? Why did Dream call him baby? Why did they kiss? Why was Sapnap's face heating up? Why did he dream of dating his best friend? "Do I like him? No! No no no. I just broke up with Karl, and it still hurts. I probably only had that dream, because I wanted to replace the thought of Karl..... yeah..." Sapnap still loved Karl so the dream was probably nothing.

He sighed getting out of bed knowing he actually had to meet up with Dream today. Maybe that was it! He knew he had to see him so he dreamt of him. Was he making up excuses?

He shook off the thought when he entered the bathroom.  He knew a shower would be a good distraction from his head since he would just focus on his music. He slowly got undressed, his hair falling flat after taking off his shirt. He scrolled through all his playlist finally deciding on a random one with a more calm vibe. He pressed play and got into the shower, warm water droplets falling onto his skin.

~
Dream woke up, his eyes all red and puffy. He rubbed them, making them sting from how dry they were. He knew he had to meet up with his best friend today so he put on his regular smile and tried to shake off all the bad feelings. He had to be fun and happy because his friend was going through a sad time so he pushed his feelings to the side and started getting ready for the day.

~
Dream and Sapnap had went out to lunch and went to the mall to joke around that afternoon. It was fun and amusing to see Dream try to find a new pair of shoes since he wasn't big on spending. Sapnap hating the fact that he noticed himself glancing down to the blonds lips every so often, forcing himself to look away. They shared laughs while making each other do dumb shit. Dream bought Sapnap a new manga that he wanted just because he kept nagging him. They enjoyed each other's company but sadly good things come to an end. Sapnap was dropped off punching Dream's shoulder as a goodbye and Dream doing it back but harder. It was a fun night.

~
Dream opened his room door; the sound of the bed frame hitting the wall made him roll his eyes as he plopped down on his bed. He felt happy that night. He didn't think of his feelings for his friend, he thought more about the fact that he was able to be a distraction for his friend. And that made him happy.

~
Sapnap felt himself be hit with a wave of exhaustion, when entering his apartment. His social battery was completely gone, but he was happy. Happy because his friend was able to get him out instead of leaving him by himself. And that let him got to sleep with a smile on his face.

~
"I love you idiot." Dream let out a small laugh, kissing the top of Sapnap's head. His arms wrapped around him giving him comfort, while they laid down. "I love you too." 

-
Sapnap's eyes shot open to meet his dark room. He could feel his heart break. The dream was exactly like the morning Karl had told him he loved him but instead it was Dream.

Thank you for reading
Stay cool ~ author 💜✨✌️